Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble reading dvd's

• 10-11-2001 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭

Recently I have been having trouble with my Hitachi GD-5000, as in it dosent read DVD's (reads normal cd-roms perfectly) - i put in a dvd of say PC Gamer and it takes ages to spin up then it gives me something like "this drive is not formatted" or mentions something about not being mounted properly :confused: SOMETIMES it does work if i take it out and put it in about 20 times rolleyes.gif

Ive tryed getting drivers for it but they dont seem to work on XP :(
    - needs me to add stuff to my config.sys file but 2k/xp dosent use them right ?

Ok - anyone got any ideas on this one ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Have you tried it on a different OS than 2k/xp? Like, maybe its the drive that's knackered and not a software problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

not had another OS (win ME) on in about 7 months anf afaik it was working ok - i might try an ail dual boot thingy to test it out so

Advertisement