Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork or Dublin for dahamsta on Friday?

Options
  • 10-11-2001 7:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in a bit of a muddle at the moment, because I'm not sure where I'm going to be on the day of the Blackout. I haven't seen any postings by Cork/Munster people willing to hit the streets on Friday, and I can't decide whether I would be better off stomping around making a nuisance of myself in Daunt Square or Dublin.

So the question is: Is anyone from Cork going to dress up in black and make fools of themselves on Pana on Friday, or even better, is anyone willing to take over the Cork side of things so I can join most of the committee and some of the membership for an informal meeting on the day?

The latter would be choice for me, and would also leave room in dahamsta's love bus for 3-4 IrelandOffline members who would like to travel to Dublin on the day. Dahamsta's love bus is black by the way. With tinted windows. I kid you not. Now all I need is some IrelandOffline stickers...

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

sorry, i havent been around that much.
    what exactly are you doing in dublin on the 16th and when, i know its the black out and my interent will be off all day(i can put it back on at 12am 17th cant i ?) but what exactly is this thing your doing, if you cant get big numbers id advise not doing it. 5 blocks making fools out of themselves on tv would have a bad pr efect but 50-70 would be quiet good and we could get that no problem if people know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

See this thread Boston. Whayever about five blokes, I imagine one heavily pregnant woman will have quite an effect. :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I would love to help on the Cork Side but I have taken lots of days off and half days in the past two weeks and I really need to work so I can pay my bills.

I will of course have everything switched off. Some people I did websites for wouldn't be convinced to wear the black though, sorry.

If IrelandOffline prints out stickers I will take a good few and help promote it that way.

I think you should go to dublin and help swell the numbers there. Have you got numbers for Dublin ? Is there going to be shifts ? I mean if people can only spare a few hours why not plan it to have a good no. of people throughout the day.

Damien

Some people I did websites for wouldn't be convinced to wear the black though, sorry.

Ah, they don't have to. Nobody has to do anything they don't want, which is what we've been trying to get across to businesses all week.

Have you got numbers for Dublin ? Is there going to be shifts ?

Elana's handling that side of things I think. I doubt there will be organised shifts - considering it's a working day, we really just want people to come along when they can. A good number of people have said they'll be toddling along at some stage though.

If only I could get a mouse suit... :)

adam

By the way, I will definitely be in Dublin on Friday now. If anyone wants a spin up (from Cork), I'll be leaving early that morning, and coming back on Saturday morning when the hangover's cleared. Let me know.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

If only I could get a mouse suit...

adam

Umm.. shouldn't that be a hamster suit ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Fergus

Umm.. shouldn't that be a hamster suit ? :)

It should be both... so that the 'hamsta' can beat seven shades of shi-ite out of the mouse ;)

Advertisement