Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help!!........(Quick)

Options
  • 10-11-2001 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Help Me Please

It all started recently when I installed Baldur's Gate.
    I played it and thought it was brilliant, But then one day I tied to play it and an error meassage came up about Direct Draw
    (Could'nt initialise or somethinglike that).... well I uninstalled it and even after many attempts and it still didn't work.

I gave up on B.G. anyway and Installed Diablo 2,
    Did the video test,
    And again another problem with Direct Draw. I dont get it I have Direct X 8 , an NVIDIA GeForce 2 GTS video card with up-to-date drivers and Version 1.01 of Diablo. I dont even know what the hell Direct Draw is anyway. There is no techical support section in the readme to help me.

Below is a picture of the error message I get.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Kilroy

I couldnt get the picture working but this is what it says

"Error 22: A critical error has occurred while initializing DirectDraw"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Sounds pretty fecked up, er, if directx 9 is available (I think it is) install that, and if that doesn't work reinstall windows.

Advertisement