Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A couple of questions on ISDN

Options
  • 11-11-2001 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

When the guys hook you up for isdn I know they use the line that is already installed in your house.So to make it a digital line do they use the remainder of the wires unused inside your box on the wall or do they just change your line down at the exchange over to a isdn card or both???
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

Hi mate,

Ok i am using High-Speed :rolleyes: as well and they used my existing line but for some reason it now holds 92 Volts of power in it and it can give u a shock. Dont ask me why ? I just know becaouse i triped over it one night and unplugged it so i ran a Voltage meter on it and thats what it showed ?

MS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I wasn't really paying attention when the guy was installing my ISDN.
    It only took about 20 mins though.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

AFAIK ISDN BRI (!) is a four-wire protocol, but you always get four wires installed into your house, an orange and a blue pair. When you get ISDN installed, you are repatched in the exchange, and the four existing wires in the house are rewired into the ISDN wallbox.

Advertisement