Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open source projects

• 29-05-2000 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone here is working on an open source project, either for personal or work-related reasons? Have you been working long? How did you get started? What size project is it, etc?

I'm especially interested in difficulties you've have and how you've overcome them.

It'd be interesting to see what this community is doing in this area, especially given (or so it seems from my POV) the close relations between gamers and open source.

Personally, I have just started working on a port of the Apache webserver to an internal platform on the mainframe. The company obviously feels that this is far better than reinventing the wheel to produce an e-commerce cabable server. Apache being open source and holding 62% of the market[1] helps.

Thoughts/ideas?

Al.

1. Latest Netcraft survey, http://www.netcraft.com/survey

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 29-05-2000).]

Advertisement