Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irc servers

• 11-11-2001 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

afternoon

i use ircnet everyday... and normally i can get into the channel i visit using one of two american servers (all the other ircnet ones are restricted when i try to get in), the connection i use is eircom.net and everything works brilliant. but from time to time the servers dont let me in...

so recently i signed up with utv internet.. and i can get into several different servers (i.e. the english ones).. but for some reason on utv internet 2 of my email accounts wont check (not much of a problem as they arent my main ones) but more importantly my internet slows to a crawl.. (Even though im connected at 45333kbs)...

anyway with all that in mind i'm looking for answers to a few questions:

how do other ppl access ircnet servers using eircom.nets free service? .. what servers do ye use ??? (and do they have periods of not letting you in etc...)

is there something about eircom.nets free dialup that makes it awkward for me to goto non american servers ?? (not a single one of the european etc. servers works for me using eircom.net)

the main server i use these days is : globali.us.ircnet.net which is cool and doesnt restrict my connection.. but its been down for almost week now..

anyway.. any help to my rambling and mumblings would be appreciated

dw.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Most people off boards.ie use
    /server irc.quakenet.eu.org
    Find us in
    /join #boards.ie
    /join #quake.ie
    /join #fortress.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

:( nah.. it works, but i just end up in the room (my normal haunt for a few hours a day) on my own... all my funny comments go unseen.... is there anyother servers along the lines of irc.quakenet.eu.org that is for ircNET ??

thanks again

dw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

No, quakenet servers are on their own network - ie, QuakeNet. IRCNet is a totally separate entity, and I don't know anything about it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

ok
    the differnece is:
    ircnet is an irc cluster
    quakenet is another

most (all) boards.ie users will be on quakenet

irc://irc.quakenet.eu.org/boards.ie

if you have mirc installed click that and you should find us

regards,
    MiCr0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

hehe.. thanks for the info

i have spent the last year in one chat room on ircNET for .. and i have enormous trouble every six weeks (ish) trying to get into it.. im just looking for a way to get into this ircNET chat room... i presume im not the only eircom.net free user who has problems trying to get into restricted servers

i presume eircom.net customer support would have no idea of how to help me...

anyway.. thanks for all the help.. im off to look for more servers..

:)

dw

• Advertisement
Advertisement