Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerstrip 3.0

Options
  • 11-11-2001 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

I've just downloaded this PowerStrip program for the first time and I've a few questions...

When people say they overclock their gfx cards, do they use a program like this ? I always thought it meant tweaking a physical thing on the card itself.

And is it possible to overclock my Voodoo3 3000 with this program ? It seems to be set at a clock speed of 166 but there's an option to turn it up to 200, what's that all about ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Yes this is the way to overclock your card.

I had a big long post and then I hit the reset message button by accident.. I'm not going to type it all up again, just take care and dont overclock it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Good Nick Pimp :)

Click Here
    heheh :)

Anyways, Power strip is not the only way to do it. Not sure about VooDoo3+s but for Nvidia cards you can just edit a registry entry and it'll let you do it from the advanced section of your display properties.
    For VooDoo1s, and maybe VooDoo2s all it takes is a line in your autoexec.bat file and your Overclocking.

As for exactly what that line is I'm totally confuzzled.

Anyone want to suggest? I need to overclock my V1 to 58-60Mhz.
    Gonna use a heatsink of some sort too so would appreciate it if someone could tell me which chip gets hot as a result, FBU or TMU?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

ask the lads in the forums on www.madonion.com (gamershq) I'm sure they know all about lines for your autoexec and I've seen a few posts from voodoo2 3dmark scores, ropedrink had a nice util for his voodoo, but he's offline atm, I'll try nab it and I'll dcc ya on irc, but I'd say you'll find it +tweaked drivers and all sorts of stuff over at the madonion forums.........

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Sound amn. Will Do.
    Got the WickedGL demo. version 3.02 I think. Doubt it's going to help my first generation card though ;)

Anyone used Video2000 yet? Downloaded the Demo there.

Advertisement