Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Otranome tunes available soon

Options
  • 12-11-2001 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Hi all ,
    For those of you who liked the first disc you might be interested to know we have completed another recording ,

We spent a lot of time getting the sound right this time around with the help of an absolutley fantastic engineer in "Cosmic Studios" if your interested in a copy (free as usual) please let us know.....bear in mind we will also being doing the gigsmart compilation disc over the next few weeks as well and as a result will be very busy so please be patient!

Thanks,
    Trev

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

btw, thanks(richie) for sending your demo to
    me a couple of weeks ago. you came across
    as a band that would have a very strong live sound,
    and worth checkin out. i personally didn't find the
    2nd and 3rd tracks that gripping but if you can reproduce
    material as good as the first one(headspace) you're sorted!

i think it's a great idea, cost aside, for any hopeful bands
    to post demos around to potential followers.
    melaton.ie are another whose demo i was sent, pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Its the bee's knees lads and lassies. You'd have to be deaf to not appreciate the sheer rocktastic jives of this lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭indie_chick

i havent got my first demo yet?!?!?! where is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭twoheadedcow

i also emailed for a cd last summer, never got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

ahh bugger,
    Mail us again and we'll combine the two discs into one if your still interested.....look the thing is free, we do our best no need to have such an attitude we do want as many people to hear our music as possible but we're not desperate so back of with the crappy attitude....we did 600+ last time around burning one at a time and out of our own pocket when people start moaning cause we missed one or two it makes ya wonder, perhaps a mail would have been nicer ya know?....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dan of Ilk

Just checkin I'm registered right..

Continue...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭twoheadedcow

Originally posted by Trev M
    no need to have such an attitude

:)

all i said is that i didn't get it, i didn't give out to you... next time i see you i'm going to lay a smackdown for your flaming of me. you dont know what i look like, but i know what you look like, you big rock star you :) in fact while you were talking to someone i know at bell x1 a couple of weeks ago, i said 'hi' looking at you, and you ignored me.

no need for the attitude trev :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

How truly shocking Two headed cow, my remark was more directed at indie chick(Bell, who seems to have a go at us at any given opportunity)

Regarding not saying hi....how about an introduction, my name is so and so, I know its very conventional an all but ...y'know ?

.....when your big and famous like me and known all over the world as a great musician,diplomat and peace worker sometimes you get overwhelmed by your own importance and disregard the little minnions running around whelans... thats probably what happened with you..

But seriously, if you see me around why don't you come up and introduce yourself instead of a passing "hi" that I may not pick up on(specially in Whelans, where the whelans factor usually means I end up baloobas)but no excuse.
    One thing I will say is that when I ask someone to come to a gig or I contact a band or whatever the one thing I always do is try and take time to show an interest in that person/band/other......many people on this board will testify to that.....sorry for appearing to dis you and sorry to hear I appear to have a big rock star head on me, I try to avoid that kinda thing as much as possible, no problem with conflicts, arguements, asking for things etc...but ego mania is one thing i don't really like and am conscious of not coming across that way as it will have an adverse effect on what Im trying to do with the Gigsmart thing

So good sir, let me know who you are, where you're from and what your real name is and I will make it my business to afford you the highest of courtesy next we meet?

gigsmart_ireland@yahoo.co.uk

all the best - Trev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

Or you could just bitchslap his ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

cm'on now lads, give each other a hug

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭mixer007

Feel the love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Can I just point out at this point that at events such as the Bel X 1 gig musicians are amongst musicians and as such have to take the opportuinity presented at such events to make contacts and possibly pencil in a few diary dates, gigs in whelans are as much an A&R event for active musicians as they are a night on the rip if not more so, I was in whelans with Trev on the night in question and he was busy sorting out BOTH Otranome and Gigsmart events so please take these things into consideration when you get the response you think you get from these people where as if you simply walk up and present your self to him as opposed to a glancing hello, Trev dosent bite unless your RS

Advertisement