Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raaaawk Moves

Options
  • 12-11-2001 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Please find below exerpts from the Rawk Moves Bible. This should settle any controversial judge's decisions, for any future gigs...

RAWK MOVES

This game rewards artistes who resort to cliché rock tricks, therefore there is no negative marking.

GENERAL
    Wearing Bandana 30
    Wearing substantial leather clothing 20
    Wearing t-Shirt with no sleeves 20
    Wearing nothing only a smile 100
    Half-nakedness 50
    Spitting 30
    Spitting on Audience 60
    Swear at/Abuse audience 40
    Swear at/Abuse fellow band member 20
    Deride famous band 20
    Deride local band 40

SINGER
    “Hello (Placename), how are you all feeling tonight" 20
    “This song is about…” 10
    “You’ve been a great/wonderful audience…” 20
    One (1) arm outstretched towards audience 20
    Two (2) arms outstretched towards audience 30
    Stage Diving 40
    Swinging microphone in rotational manner 30
    Swinging microphone in rotational manner (overhead) 50
    Play Air guitar during guitarist’s solo 30

GUITARIST/BASSIST
    Bended knees solo (15 secs minimum) 30
    Dive from amplifier/support unit (during performance) 30
    Break String 20
    Break instrument (Accidentaly) 30
    Break instrument (on purpose) 100
    Kick amplifier/mic stand (with substantial force) 50
    Move in unison with other guitarist/bassist in ‘Quo’ styee 30

DRUMMER
    Toss sticks and catch them mid-song 40
    Twirl sticks in hand mid-song 40
    Break (1) stick 10
    Play while standing up (10 secs minimum) 50
    Mouth words of song (2 lines minimum) 20
    Leave kit for 10 secs mid song 40
    Break Skin 30

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

how could you leave out the foot on monitor pose. worth at least 50 points i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭mixer007

Foot on monitor indeed, but surely puking mid-song is worth at least 100 points. Also collapsing on stage should warrant 150 points. Breaking leg after jumping from speaker, 200 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

There's always the "Even Flow" stage dive courtesy of Pearl Jam.

Boots first that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

Thank you gentlemen, your suggestions will all be taken into consideration before the 2002 edition of 'Rawk Moves' hits the shelves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dan of Ilk

Hows about:

Throwing instrument across stage without breaking it. Deserves a few points anyway.

Getting down on knees and shoving your face right up against amplifier while making extremely violent feeback.

Crashing symbols in time with the song with your hand much to the annoyance of the drummer.

Hard one to judge, but if band member wakes up next morning and can't remember playing the gig...rocktastic!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Dan of Ilk
    Hows about:
    Crashing symbols in time with the song with your hand much to the annoyance of the drummer.

Hard one to judge, but if band member wakes up next morning and can't remember playing the gig...rocktastic!!!

My singer does that to my cymbals all the time, and I quite often wake up not remembering the gig :) so we must be rocktastic!!
    How about the singer climbing the drumkit and then onto amps and various bits of equipment!?! That's gotta be worth somethin'
    Singer cart wheels!? I'd say that's a 20 pointer at least.... how about singer throws glass up in the air and hopes to catch it, or out to the crowd, or else picks up a monitor from the stage and starts waving it about like a mad man.... :D Insane I tell ye

<edit for spelling>

How about getting a motorbike to circle the stage, burning out it's tires...Who needs dry ice?

Eating animals on-stage.

Or having animals on stage full stop really.

Originally posted by Beany
    How about getting a motorbike to circle the stage, burning out it's tires...Who needs dry ice?

Eating animals on-stage.

Or having animals on stage full stop really.
    Yeah, I was thinking of tying a number of dogs to my drum kit. They would have to be underfed and angry though, so they'd be barking alot and if anyone went near them, they'd be likely to bite. Much hilarity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

sex on stage ->30pts
    sex with band member on stage -> 50 pts
    sex with an animal on stage -> 80pts
    getting shut down by the police ->100pts

guitartist/bass player grabs mic from singer and screams ,ala,Kurt C.:
    RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWKKK!

50 pts
    singer doing songs in a :
    cabaret stlye ->10pts
    mick jagger style ->25pts

yeah?

Why don't we publish a book. Or at least put a page on the internet somewhere (gigsmartireland.com) with these moves. Then everyone will be clear. We could run a gigsmart fantasy band league based on moves performed. 5 members per team with £10 pound to spend. For example Mixer from Obsolete would be £1.50p, Trev from Otranome £3, etc
    Right, back to work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

hahahaha is there no limit to the imagination ...thats a class idea mixer....we could put photos on the site too of the rawwwwwwkkkkkkk action!!!

sheer class men sheer class!!

One I've always wanted to do is this:

Now, it has to be done in a small venue, just to make it even tackier. You know in that Bon Jovi video for Living on a Prayer where the band goes flying over the audience suspended on strings. Imagine doing that in the Shelter or Eamonn Dorans. It'd be stupidest thing ever, but brilliant at the same time.

You're not the only one with that harness fantasy.

The 'Rawk Harness' has been discussed at length by the members of Obsolete. If it ever becomes financially feasible, we will do it...

...And our drummer, Mixer, will be playing in a cage like the drummer from Van Halen...

"We're half way theyerrrre! Wooah Hooah!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

Well if animals on stage clock up the points then Turn must be in the lead for twice having up on stage a "horse" who kicked out in fury. Quite an athletic manouver too I might add.

As for the fantasy rawkstar league i'd be well up for it,

Ollie Cole
    Trev Mooney
    Beany
    Cormac Battle (Best in the League)

to name but a few. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr Crowe

....The Murder of Crows.......we pretty much have every rock cliche there is......

peace&loveThe Murder of Crows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

not to forget, though:

tossing your guitar as high as you can into the air,
    raising your arms up as it descends
    and making a genuine attempt to catch it,
    only for it to crash onto your forehead

50p for the effort
    100p in sympathy

Anyone see Trans Am when they played in Whelans a few weeks ago. The drummer kicked out his drumkit all over the stage at the end. Truly amazing sight when seen from the balcony directly above.:eek:

Anyone see Trans Am when they played in Whelans a few weeks ago. The drummer kicked out his drumkit all over the stage at the end. Truly amazing sight when seen from the balcony directly above.:eek:

He must either have alot of cash, or not really give 2 shíts about his kit, in which case that's a foolish manouevre :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

Yeah, the breakage of equipment isn't rawwwwwwwwwwwkkkk.
    It's just stupid.

If you don't want it, give it to a kid who can't afford it and they might appreciate it more.

Indeed, the breakage of instruments actually has a low points rating, due mainly to the fact it's always preconcieved. Mr. Greaney take note, you would do very badly in the Fantasy Rawk Move league. Infact, anyone who breaks an instrument on purpose should be given -20 points. JJ72 now have -1000 points.

• Advertisement

Although I stated that there are no minus points in Rawk Moves, I should also outline that Judges are aware of the instrument breakage clause, and take into account the circumstances of the breakage.

As cliche as it is (and that's what Rawk Moves is all about), charaters like Greaney who can afford to break guitars (especially when his roadie removes the expensive pick-ups) shall not be rewarded for their pre-meditated acts.

Instrument breakage points are based on a logarithmic scale, taking many factors into account - financial staus of band, crowd attendance, band profile, number of spare instruments, etc.

This is why each of our Rawk Points ajudicators, like Gar, have to attend a rigorous training camp, to familiarise themselves with the more intricate details of the Rawk Bible.

I said he kicked the drums out i.e. they fell all over the stage. Never said he broke the ****ing things.

I said he kicked the drums out i.e. they fell all over the stage. Never said he broke the ****ing things.

He's still more than likely damaginf his fúckin drums. Do you know how easily drums are scraped and dented, you could dent a rim or shell or even crack a shell doin that, so it's still stupid. Shít you might not break an amp kickin it over, but you will probably damage it. May sound silly, but drums aren't designed to be battered in that way :)

It appears there'a a reactionary movement forming against the rawwwk bible activists ..

PCAMI
    Prevention of Cruelty Against Musical Instruments

hehehehe

How amny points for a kilt??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

How many point for changing clothes all the time alá Axl Rose?
    Or for opening up big wounds in yer chest with the mic stand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

Originally posted by Aspro
    Yeah, the breakage of equipment isn't rawwwwwwwwwwwkkkk.
    It's just stupid.

If you don't want it, give it to a kid who can't afford it and they might appreciate it more.

can i tell you as a who fan that that hurts? *sniffle* *shouts to heaven* show'em, moonie, throw down some kit breakage!

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

150 points for wearing a headset mic, Blarrggggg!!

BomB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

Anyone just see Iron Maiden on Top Of The Pops??? At least 300 points. Watch the repeat of it, you'll fall around the place laughin if you've read this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

what about weeing yourself onstage?
    crapping yourself?

constantly referring to your cd's you have in a bag backstage for sale?

winking at attractive girls like the big repressed nerdy recluse you are?

licking you lips disgustingly during everysong so there is a thin wet patch an inch from your lips on all sides?

eh? eh? well?

:rolleyes:

Advertisement