Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Card Tweaking

Options
  • 12-11-2001 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any tips on tweaking video card settings to get the max performance from the card???

Personally I'm using a G-Force 2 but maybe we can get some sort of general tweaking guide going here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

JustHalf (what's your real name btw?)
    Have you used the 21.83 DetXp drivers?
    Are they stabler then 21.81s? If yes to above, what card did u test em on?

To anyone else: If you have a GeForce256 and DetXP 21.83s*, are they stable/good performance? I think 21.41s are the best for the 256, but I'm not sure....kinda like the 5.xx-6.50 series was best for TNT2s...

[EDIT]*Meant to say 12.41s, which are the ones I have - sorry for confusion :(
    -The 1 is sooo close to the 2 and I've got a permanent buttery substance on my digits.
    [/EDIT]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Win2k 22.50's one HELL of a performance boost. Went from ~5500 to 6400 on 3dmark 2001 (GF3 at 260/549)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Syxpak, do you really think nvidia are still concentrating on optimizing geforce ddr performance? The current versions of their drivers always improve performance for whatever product they are trying to push the most. The detonator 3's mainly boosted the geforce2. The detonator 4's mainly boosted the geforce3. By all means try a new driver if you are having trouble, but don't expect much performance increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeah, I kinda figured that, just wondering about stability mainly.
    21.81s kept crashing my machine.

And it's a SDR :/

*slight* mix up when asking the guy to order it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement