Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptops

• 31-05-2000 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

wondering is there anywhere that i could get a laptop with nothing installed not even a os ? shouldent it be cheeper ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

if your refering to a new laptop then no.
    OEMs get software very cheaply.. it costs next to nothing for them to put it on as well... talking maybe 50 quid less if you order one without an OS, even then most major suppliers won't even think about doing that, I think its a warranty issue I heard before or else the fact that to take a single pc off their lines during the installation phase would be too much hassle smile.gif

most small computer shops will do it though.. although i dont think i know one that build their own laptops

Advertisement