Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vengence is mine sayeth the Lord?. We'll see........

• 13-11-2001 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

So Jools Holland had the White Stripes, Muse and Jamiraquai in the studio last Friday and nobody at the BBC realised the service they would be doing to music by handing out firearms to the audience?. Shame on them.
    Saw Smog on Saturday. He was great, but had a very odd stage dance. Had to be seen to be believed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭limey_tank

I really used to love Jools Holland. Nearly a Whistle Test sucsessor. I never missed it. Unfortunatly it got really crap. I remember being completely disillusioned when he had Macie Gray on. (Hearing Macie Gray singing makes me want to go and throttle babys).

At least in the old days there would always be at least two interesting acts on. Now it's all MOR ****e.

Barry
    (against the media hindering "the progression of music through experimentation" by not acknowledging the experimentation)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

but at least he doesnt feature morbid ****ing angel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭limey_tank

The point I'm trying to make, (and perhaps I shouldn't have beaten around the bush so much) is that Jools used to be nice and eclectic. Not any more, therefore, to me he is now boring. Variance is the way forward.....

In this case anyway I'll allow Dathi his cheap shot because it's so off target.:)

Barry
    (irk the purists)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Looks like Ill have to re-aim with a larger calibre piece...say a heck and Gloch semi?

Advertisement