Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland V Iran on line this thursday??

Options
  • 13-11-2001 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

I know that there's a few punters like myself that post from work and will understand my predicament....I can't escape the shackles of responsibility this thursday and can't get the afternoon off to watch the match ....can anyone help and direct me to a webpage that might have the commentary streamed ??? or am I living in an optimistic dream land here??

Please heeeeelllllllllpppppppp , if I miss it I'll be super pissed off....I've been at all the home games and watched all the tv away games and would hate to miss this one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Cause of my office I can't get a signal on a walkman or radio before anyone states the obvious solution !!

Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

Oh, how I laugh with much hilarity at your unfortunate predicament Trev. Well, actually, I don't laugh, much! Ah no, if I hear of anything I'll let you know. I don't think it'd be likely though, seeing as RTÉ had so much trouble getting the rights to show it live. You'd never know though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

don't you mean Iran vs. Leeds???????

On saturday, irelands 2 best players, ironically leeds players, scored BOTH goals in an otherwise lacklustre affair, mainly due to the players who weren't Leeds players. the same thing will probably happen on thursday, therefore i think we can say that Leeds are going to the world cup!!!!

none if will agree, but, ah well!!!

LEEDS UNITED: THE FIRST CLUB TEAM TO GO TO THE WORLD CUP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭mixer007

football365.co.uk or possibly rte.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Uncle Neddy

Irelands 2 best Players ?? Well it's your opinion but I just hope Gary Kelly doesn't go to the world cup. He's the only player we have worse than breen. 2 Leeds players is enough thanks.
    The reason it was a lacklustre affair is because Iran played with 8 men behind the ball, including 2 huge c##ts marking Quinn. And Kilbane was not fit.
    Oh and Trev M - I think you can listen to the match on www.rte.ie Radio 1 has live commentary on all Irelands games and theres a link on the left of the rte page.

• Advertisement

As long as I get to hear the feckin thing ya can say what ya like Dec and It won't bother me !!

here's the link that Nelly so kindly provided
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/

NICE ONE

How could i 4get Gary Kelly!! The best right full ireland has ever had! he pisses all over that steve carr twat! And no, the game was ****e on saturday because there was no Harry Kewell, no Lee Bowyer, no Mark Viduka, no Rio Ferdinand, no Olivier Dacourt, no Alan Smith!

we can be thankful Leeds have such world class players where they can hone their skills at the best club team in the world, otherwise Ireland wouldn't be going to Japan/Korea!!!

WE SALUTE YOU, LEEDS UTD!!!

Thanks lads ...lets hope hope we deliver an ass kickin' that they won't forget .....hopefully we'll have them rollin around on the ground for a good reason this time too.

eh, Gary Kelly .V. Steve Carr, Carr wins every time. You may be thinking of Gary Kelly a few years back. Let us not forget, Gary Kelly plays for Leeds Reserves since he lost his place to one of the most hated players in England at the moment after Robbie Savage, step forward Mr. Danny Mills. Steve Carr would wipe the floor with him too. granted Leeds are a quality side, but don't bring the present Gary Kelly into it.
    Up the Hammers.
    (before you decide to slag the Hammers, don't bother, I know they're ****e).

What do you mean West Ham are the best team in the league???? THEYRE ****ING ****E!!! and your manager looks like someone set his face on fire and put it out with a shovel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

while im at i might as well state that Danny Mills is the best right back in england, even better than gary kelly and gary neville and stephen carr and your man out of arsenal. and liverpool

OK!!!!!!!!!!!

LEEDS UTS- A TEAM FOR THE PEOPLE!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

Good man mixer, it's nice to know i'm not the only Hammers supporter in Ireland!!!

As for hoarboy, Leed's best player is Rio, ex West Ham and maybe Viduka, who West Ham turned down the chance to sign when we sold Berkovic to Celtic. Yiz tried to sign Lampard and failed, and are in the process of trying to buy Sinclair and Carrick, which aint gonna happen.
    I think that says something.

Paolo DiCanio
    Paolo DiCanio
    Paolo DiCanio
    (sung to THAT italian music)

Up the Hammers

Oh and happy birthday by the way man, sorry I mised the mono thing but I hadsta work.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

hammers fans? i feel a little more comfortable being a
    toffee now - too many red supporters in this town.

but no celtic or everton match could ever run me
    through the emotions of such ireland games. can't
    miss most and can't miss this. appologies(not needed)
    for the national stereotype but i'm gettin locked if we come
    through this one. that macadonia match still haunts and
    usa seems so long ago. nothin stopin me from goin to
    Japan next year....well, the 5 g's could be a problem.
    fuk leeds, c'mon ye boyz...

My Coventry shame is over. You all support ****e clubs too, ha ha.
    Sky Blue Army !
    We must have the greatest percentage of ****e irish footballers than any other club - Carsley, Breen, Keith O Neill, Barry Quinn.
    I think that little c##t Strachan knew he was going to be sacked and bought O Neill out of spite.
    Ireland to win 2-0 again in Tehran. 2 Free kicks from Harte.

Little bit harsh on the Butcher Carsley. As for being stereotypical and getting drunk if we pull through this one, go for it, I'll be doing the same. It's great that there are people out there who support ****e teams, they are the bread and butter of football.

Leeds Utd- ****e?????

please explain..............:p :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

Here you go my ol' man !!!
    Enjoy !!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/football/index.shtml

Peace,
    kranog

http://popstar.2ya.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

i know this is a little bit off topic, but it's something i've been wondering about for a long time (me not being much of a soccer fan at all - i didn't realise we were playing iran until i saw it on the tv by accident). y'see, i can understand support of a local team, or, of course, of a national team, but how do people with no actual link to the british premier teams actually decide on supporting certain teams. why west ham? why man u? why liverpool? is there some sort of personal link to these places, or did you just wake up one day and say 'i know, i support west ham etc etc'. just curious.

My excuse is my Uncle used to work on the East side of London near the Boleyn Grounds and he became a Hammers fans that way. Then he got me into football when I was about 4 or 5 and he made me like the Hammers. Simple really.
    Eyeliner boy, I don't think anyone said Leeds were ****e and I never said West Ham were the best team in the league. Are you actually reading this forum??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Dilner

They are getting a big screen projector in our workplace to show the match, but it's probably just to make us feel better as the feckers are laying off half the staff next month!!!!!!

www.dilner.2ya.com

The great leeds side of the 1970's, under the dictatorship of the venerable Don Revie, had many Irish players in its ranks, namely, John Giles, emmm.........errr........You get my point!!!! Plus they were the dirtiest, nastiest, roughest bunch of players ever assembled and they were ****ing horrorshow.

anyone who couldnt love them for this, they obviously dont have a clue about our wonderful sport!!!!!!

SUPER, SUPER LEEDS UNITED!!!!:D

• Advertisement

justifiable question o sleep.

some people were born into a family of football heads
    and with that were born into supporting their dad's or
    big bro's football team. that's about the only justifiable
    answer.

the rest of us seem to have just picked a team one day
    when we were a kid and were either influenced by our
    class-mates or friends or that team just happened to be
    hot that year....it was everton or liverpool back in '87,
    i didn't know much about footie but i went with the blue
    class-mates.......ridiculous, but that's how most kids do it,
    and i did become a genuine fan even though they got crap
    after that.

but the emotinal rollercoaster of an ireland game is above
    anything else. there's no comparison. you wanna see men cry?
    forget the cinema, watch the world cup next year

there isn't an emotional rollercoaster with Ireland, theyre too **** for there to be one (with the exception of the Leeds players of course).

Man Utd vs Leeds 3 weeks ago..........3 of the blokes next to me were weeping, another one almost had a heart attack, i considered suicide, and another one left with a glass bottle sticking out of his forehead

jammie man utd scummy ****ing **** rags:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

i'm told http://www.irna.com had a video stream of the match last Saturday and will be doing the same again tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

Bit bizarre that a post about watching the Irish match ends up becoming an argument about English club teams. Don't any of you support Irish club teams, or is that too much to ask? Surely arguing over the merits of West Ham and Leeds is as relevant as arguing over the merits of Santos and Vasco de Gama? If the Irish stopped subsidising the English game, maybe more players would stay here in an improved Irish league and we'd all be better off.

Agreed excellent point..

Shamrock Rovers fan here....last season I was at most of the home (well, Santry games) and all the Dublin derby games but this season I haven't had much time with all the music stuff going on...

In an ironic twist of fate I have ended up living in Glenmalure Sq. the old Rovers location in an apartment....My poor da lord rest him is probably looking down a bit bewildered at my choice of home, but as anyone who's ever looked for a place to live will tell ya its not easy and I just couldn't turn it down.....sorry da (hahaha)

Anyway yeah, I support domestic football, horrific as it is sometimes ....feck the Rovers V Bohs game last Friday was nothing short of underpants.

Speaking as a Rovers fan.....Bohs deserved the win but rovers jammed it(good goal though)

Later - T

The reason it became an argument about english club teams in this case is simple - the players we were slagging play for English clubs.
    I am a Shels supporter, and I agree that it's a shame more people don't give a crap about the game in ireland but I also love GAA, and I feel that if loads of money and resources were pumped into an irish soccer league (which would have to happen to tempt irish players to stay) , it would eventually kill our true national sports.
    Also, talking about west ham or leeds is much more relevant than talking about Vasco de gama, because there is a history of irish players associated with the english league and no such history with south america.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

http://www.rte.ie/soccer/matchtracker/matchtracker_iran_away.html

Keep refreshing the page during the match for the latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

A playoff wouldent be a playoff without the opposition scoring in the last minute

Whooooo, hoooooo. We're there. Lots of 7am drinking in the summer.

• Advertisement

i think i'll move to Australia for the summer
    ....the thought of an early house every morning for two weeks,
    too draining.
    good days to come.
    i really hope we get england in the draw in two weeks - no fear!

Advertisement