Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mp3 to .wav

• 29-05-2000 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

could someone guide me by the hand to a website explaining how i could translate all my kylie mp3s (!) to wav format.
    or can you just tell me?
    it would be much appreciated. and dont worry, the mp3s are mine. no copyright infringement here. at all. no sir.

It is so lonely here in my indecipherable tower of speech impedimency

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

You can convert them to WAV directly thru Winamp.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

hmm... the mp3's are legal if you've the original Kylie albums/singles on tape/vinyl/CD/whatever... won't it breach the copyright laws by creating the WAV versions though? (AFAIK copyright laws allow you to make 1 "backup" copy of the songs...) - dunno tho'- and I'm not going to preach what I (possibly!) don't practise...

anyway- as to putting them into WAV files, s'easy... do it through WinAmp - just go into preferences/plugins/output (something like that) and choose Nullsoft Disk Writer, click configure, choose your directory. Hit play, and the file will be encoded to WAV and shoved into that directory. Disabling it then is just a matter of choosing the waveOut plugin instead of the Disk Writer plugin.

Cheers,

Bard

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 29-05-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Also, there are plenty of shareware apps around that will convert batches of WAV's to MP3 or vice versa. Have a look around mp3.com and download.com.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

If you're trying to burn mp3s to a cd as an audio cd, nero burning rom does all the conversion for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Or if you want to do some editing I suggest Goldwave. To make sounds for internet pages for example, its best to use a mix and match of proggys depending on what u want to do.
    CDex is another proggy thats handy. Like winamp in that its a multiple format player, not quite as nice tho imo. Especially with a skin of scantily clad women on winamp smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I recall hearing of a CD walkman which would read MP3 files on the CD and play them. Meaning you could burn more music on a CD.

A friend of mine built a MP3 Stereo system for his car. He had a 10GB harddrive located in the boot and ran the whole thing though a cool interface on the dash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

HMMMMM, nice, all I need to buy now is the Car

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Fing

get your self a prog called MP32WAV. Its small and easy to use, graet results. You'll need to search about for mp32wav.zip

Fing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Hobbes, I think you're talking about the Pine D'Music.
    Still hasn't seen the light of day, for all it's promise....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

• Advertisement
Advertisement