Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slot A cooler's?

Options
  • 13-11-2001 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Well basicly, i was playing tfc last night when my cpu started overheating as it has many a time, it happens when my fans get clogged with fluff :E, so basicly, i opened the case and was sticking my finger in to feel how hot the heat sink was and at that time i was also reading something some one said to me in half life, so basicly i got distracted and CRACK oooouuucchhhhh, i had stuck my finger straight into one of the fans by mistake :)

One of the fan thingys snapped off (ouch ;/) so i turned off the pc and replaced the broken fan with a slightly thinner one off a celeron fan..

ANYWAY, i need a new cooler, ive been looking around oc.co.uk and the only one they have in stock atm is the Globalwin VOS32+ this things heat sink is seriously big.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent cooler (a quiet one maybe) that cools very nicely and isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg ;p

Btw ive got an Athlon k7 750, its not overclocked but i want a decent fan cause i might overclock it some day ;p

Also is that artic sliver really as l33t as i hear?

Thanx

Vac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I bought on of OC.UK's ThermalRight SK6's and some Arctic Silver II and the combination dropped my CPU temp by 20 degrees from what it was previously. (down to 40/44C from around 65C)

Draw your own conclusions, but my system isn't overheating and crashing anymore when I play games for over an hour.

Lucutus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

woo I have a red name too... I'm guessing cloud has added yet another feature :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

But some are redder than others ;-) For a while anyway, it's a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Hey VacilatoR,

If your going to go for that Thermalright one from OC.uk do you want to share the shipping as I'm looking for a quieter heatsink/fan at the moment and might buy that one that Lucutus
    recommends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Originally posted by Regi
    woo I have a red name too... I'm guessing cloud has added yet another feature :rolleyes:

I want one!!
    I want one!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

About the shipping thing mate, i dunno cause im just thinking of popping into town tommorow and getting one from peats, sorry just im lazy and i hate waiting :)

Luc, i said Slot A not socket 1, but thanx for the info anyway :)

Advertisement