Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!dn hand comp (opinions on price)

• 13-11-2001 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been offerred the following spc computers.

Opinions on whether the price is too much?

Dell Pentium III 450mHz
    Intel Pentium III 450 mHz
    20GB Hard Drive
    128 MB RAM
    CD ROM
    Soundcard
    Graphics
    Windows 98
    Office 2000
    17" Monitor
    Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers

£550

Dell Pentium II 350mHz
    Intel Pentium II 350 mHz
    10GB Hard Drive
    128 MB RAM
    DVD Rom
    Soundcard
    Graphics
    Windows
    Office 2000
    17" Monitor
    Keyboard, Mouse, speakers

£400

- Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Sounds a bit pricey for 3 year old gear.

Also make sure that you get original CDs with the Windows & Office. It smells of pirated software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

i dont like the ram amout,not enough really

wats the graphics card sepc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I dont want to pass much comment on the prices but if you are into the whole "Build your own" style of thing you probably build a far higher spec PC (for not much more money) from new parts and maybe a few second hand bits to keep cost down.

This would also give you the opportunity to select a system that would be easily upgradable in the future.

I've recently built my own system and if you plan out what you need reasonably carefully and take your time building it it's very easy. I won't post my full specs here as its far above those price ranges (All the kit is new and top of the range(or close to it)).

You'd probably have to spend a bit more than either of those systems are priced at but it would be faster, and less likely to be obsolete as quickly.

Advertisement