Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackout Flyers Available Now

Options
  • 13-11-2001 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Getcher red hot flyers here!!!

http://www.irelandoffline.org/files/blackout_flyer.pdf

Download is about 500K, but you only need one download to print out a ton of them :-). Post around your town, office, car, 'puter, wherever!

College and university students--we'd love it if you could put some up around campus.

And we all need to say thank you to my mother-in-law Alice who volunteered to do them and (IMHO) has done a great job in a really short time!

Download away, my friends!

E

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I'll be down to my local Kinko's 2moro ( as the Amercians would say!)

I think I might just spread them around the lecture theatres of UCD :)

Good Design & Content- Clear message etc.

Thx Elana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 disConnected

Woohooo!!! Perfect job, Elana and Alice!

Downloaded the file. Tomorrow I'll will print out the flyers for Friday, and I'll also send the pdf as an attachment to all my friends.
    C'mon Ladies and Gentlemen! Let's spread the word!!!

disConnected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

WOW! Great Job E (special thanks to 'mother-in-law Alice' :) )
    this is what we were waiting for and you will be able to see your great work all over Athlone on Friday :)

disConnected if your reading this mate ill give you a ring tomorrow i should have a 1,000 or 2 done by then hopefully :)

MS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ekehoe

It's all about thanking Alice, not me :-). I just posted it. She reads the boards here, and will see every thank you :-).

Thanks for putting them up around the place. I'm handing some to friends at Trinity and begging them...

E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 disConnected

Go to http://www.adobe.com:80/support/downloads/main.html
    and look for Acrobat Reader. Download the version needed for your computer.
    Now you can enjoy that beautiful flyer....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

ehm is there supposed to be a picture in that pdf ... in the top right corner? I get an error "invalid color space" when I try to open it and I can't see an picture ... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Nero

Just downloaded the latest version, 8.6MB in less than 10 seconds - oh I wish I could have the same at home. Thanks for the link disConnected, saved me some hassle.

Nahdoic, you must be running an older version like I had, follow disConnected's link to get the latest version.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OK then I've done up a word document for a poster to stick on my rear window of my car on the way into work on Friday. I've attached it here and you may use it if you want, remember thou I am not a designer !!

Gandalf.

http://www.boards.ie/members/gandalf/blackout.zip

Damn attach file didn't work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

it now addorns the window of my house....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

A more compressed version of the flyer is now available for those of you - most of you - with cruddy net connections. This file is about 140k. Get 'em posted folks!

http://www.irelandoffline.org/files/blackout_flyer_small.pdf

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

Thanks for the smaller version D you made a lot of people with really slow connections a lot less frustrated.... nice one :)

MS

Advertisement