Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grafton Street Friday

Options
  • 13-11-2001 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Unless my doc tomorrow says that I can't, I'll be on Grafton Street Friday morn starting around 9:30 or so. I'll stay up there til about 6p, and then that will probably be my limit (okay, maybe I'll go out with the lads for a pint (milk)).

Who shall I expect to show up? I'll be there even if no one does, but it would be a lot more fun if I had some friends out there :-).

E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

I think i have said it in about 3 threads nows, but I will be there! You won't be alone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Not sure if this has come up before - but which part of Grafton Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Ill hang around for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I believe Elana was talking about the south end of Grafton Street (opposite St. Stephens Green Centre), which is a typical place for protests and religious nuts.

[Edit]: Oh... and I'll be there, by the way,... maybe not early (likely to be hung over)... but for most of the day ...and for pints (not of the milky variety) later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Crash&Burn

I could lock my net cafe and show up for my shift .........sounds like and plan..................humm and maybe I could sign a few auto-Graphs as well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'll be there.......but I don't know anybody :( except Chief--- and I don't know how often he looks at this board. I have college til 2 (in theory) so I'll be there for the Afternoon shift :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Have you got a leaflet you will be handing out? And is it online?

Cheers,
    Al.

[edit] catch22 test [/edit]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I could lock my net cafe and show up for my shift .........sounds like and plan..................humm and maybe I could sign a few auto-Graphs as well :D

Which cafe is that crash&burn? C'mon, give yourself a bit of free publicity!

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 disConnected

Just trying to keep those locations on the first page until Friday...

Sorry if I caused any hassle.

disConnected

• Registered Users Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭corkie

Looking forward to putting faces to the typing!

I wonder what your are all like in person.

'Corkie' is on route to Dublin.

Just curious for what time does the blackout start.

I assume it is from 12 Midnight tonight!

So see ye in dublin tomorrow!

Best regards.
    John O Connell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Glad

i will be there, but i have to wonder what the reaction will be to me this time, as you all know what i look like

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Glad
    i will be there, but i have to wonder what the reaction will be to me this time, as you all know what i look like

*cough*

oh look... it's Gladiator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I'm there in spirit, really would love to actually be there, but I'm in Germany, sorry.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm having the busiest day of my business career almost!

I'm gonna try and drop down in 5 mins (about 4:15) to see people anyway. You'll all get to laugh at me in my suit :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Leaving work now, there in ~ 40 depending on Dart...

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

erm how long is it on for? and where's the drinking to be had?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭jamiecake

whats going on?

very half hearted there hobbes, go you sockcucker, go now!!!

erm some of us had to work you know. Anyway I bopped up to both ends of Grafton street and there seems to be no one there, unless some guy on an organ singing harry khrishna is part of your group.

Anyway bopped into Netshop and said hi to C+B, checked O'Neils and then got lost looking for DNC (But then I did ask directions from two other netshops :))

Currently sitting in DNC now wondering WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYONE?

*ahem*

So should I be moving from pub to pub looking for people wearing all black????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

hobbes
    they were all in front the guy with the keyboard

• Advertisement

What keyboard? I didn't see anyone. =/

I'm in DNC again at the moment... bring beer (and food).

LoTR fans may want to check out gameshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I must say, that was a p!ss poor trun-up. about 10 people in all.

I was there, i think i met sutty, and maybe hobbes, and i did meat devore, kinda just crunted at each other

Hobbes, I think you know already that I was kidding, and if not, I was. I'm in no position to tell anybody anything not being in Ireland and all.

Glad, I'm sure Dev is a good kid in real life, but he was having a stressful day also and he was probably in the mood where people just want to have a laugh with mates, and not to psychoanylyse(sp) somebody about why they go on like a plonker on the boards, but I'm sure that if you behave yourself this time, he'll be much nicer to you at your next encounter. Also since he now knows what you look like it would be a good idea to behave yourself (tehe kidding)

Baz_

he seemed in fine mood to me, more of made strange noises at each other then grunted. you had to be there, it was funny at the time. I was trying to get afew more of my mates to come along specially the one that only dresses in black.
    if i had of known no one would rent a mouse suit i would have got one myself, i know this place on baggots street

and btw its Saturday,

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DesertFox

Originally posted by Bard
    I believe Elana was talking about the south end of Grafton Street (opposite St. Stephens Green Centre), which is a typical place for protests and religious nuts.

[Edit]: Oh... and I'll be there, by the way,... maybe not early (likely to be hung over)... but for most of the day ...and for pints (not of the milky variety) later on.

omg their actually protestin on the street lol :D hoot hoot

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Actually you seemed like a perfectly reasonable bloke, I was just up to my tonsils in people I know through the internet and have never met before.

I certainly dont have any problem with you and you seem to have toned things down here (at least Bard hasnt complained about anyone recently :) )

It was hella cool to meet everyone face to face on Grafton, I wish I wish I could have gone for a load of pints but I was running off to another meeting :( (Yesterday was about the busiest working day of my life).

Meeting up with Elana, 80p, dahamsta etc was cool even if they took pictures of me and dan handing out fliers (we started telling people "Anthrax-Free Flyer? Madam?" and NOONE would take it from us...weird eh!)

I still think Elana should name her child FRIACO. *giggle*

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ekehoe

Originally posted by DeVore
    It was hella cool to meet everyone face to face on Grafton, I wish I wish I could have gone for a load of pints but I was running off to another meeting :( (Yesterday was about the busiest working day of my life).

Seconded...thanks to all of you who showed up, esp Seamus, Corkie and naidahoc (sorry for spelling!), who kept me company most of the day. I feel like I've been run over by a truck :-).

Meeting up with Elana, 80p, dahamsta etc was cool even if they took pictures of me and dan handing out fliers (we started telling people "Anthrax-Free Flyer? Madam?" and NOONE would take it from us...weird eh!)

Gawrsh, wonder why? :-) As soon as I can find my adapter, I'll put up the photo of the flyer on the eircom van :-). Maybe they were scared of the suit?

I still think Elana should name her child FRIACO. *giggle*

Depends which comes first :-). Besides, eircom probably has already trademarked the name :-).

Great time yesterday, and thanks to everyone who showed up. I think I sat down for a total of 20 minutes from 10:15 until around 6. We must have just missed Hobbes (we decided that when we ran out of flyers we'd for drinks), sorry about that!!

E

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Originally posted by ekehoe
    naidahoc (sorry for spelling!)
    That's ok ... hmmm maybe I should change my username :)

• Advertisement

yea, i brought along my mate phyco as backup, and kinda staked you guys out for awhile before i made my move.

btw devore, are you american or canadian

BTW it looks like Kix still doesnt know what i look like, hehehehe

Advertisement