Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my friends are curropted

Options
  • 13-11-2001 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

hi...

for the blackout on friday i sent out an email to my irish mates asking them to refrain from the internet/email etc for the day

i got back four replies.. two were standard friends replying (i.e. talking s***e), one told me to email/ petition mary o rourke and the final one scared me to my very being:

here is that reply:

"Pour votre attention, The price of the internet calls and charges is cheaper in Ireland than in any country in Europe. In fact it was, just two years ago, the cheapest in the world. I don't think we should really be complaining. I for one will continue to use this great service, which only 5 years ago, seemed like an unattainable asset a far cry from my humble country back ground.
    A bientot"

i didnt know whether to laugh or cry.. i got angry instead.

dw

/me takes his time before emailing his friend back

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ekehoe

Originally posted by drrnwbb

/me takes his time before emailing his friend back

Well, here's something that someone came up with for us...

--
    Why is this that in the UK or USA or Germany or Canada or NZ or Oz or Korea or Mexico or Finland or Hungary or Spain you can get 720 hours (ie one month) for about EUR25 (exclusive of line rental),
    but in Ireland the same would cost you EUR586? (that's using the discounted 1891 rate of 1.6p per minute peak, .8p per minute off-peak, 22 weekdays, 8 weekend days.)
    --

I'd also like to point out that up in the North, flat rate 24/7 is available for Stg£15. Now, have him tell us exactly how we pay the least for net access.....hell, <insert E's favorite line here> Kazhakstan has ADSL.

If Friend wants to listen to Eircom, it's his choice. But spreading FUD is no help to anyone...all it does is show how brainwashed he is. Thanks for sending email to your friends, and standing up for yourself :-).

E

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by drrnwbb
    here is that reply:

"Pour votre attention, The price of the internet calls and charges is cheaper in Ireland than in any country in Europe. In fact it was, just two years ago, the cheapest in the world. I don't think we should really be complaining. I for one will continue to use this great service, which only 5 years ago, seemed like an unattainable asset a far cry from my humble country back ground.
    A bientot"

I don't know .. something in there either smacks of EXTREME gullibility OR ...

Sarcasm verging on art-form ;)

Advertisement