Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catchy One-liners?

Options
  • 13-11-2001 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Hey. I am really trying to promote Ireland Offline to everyone I know right now, but I do find it difficult to get the right message across in a short space of time. There is so much to say ... and to try and say it in a way that doesn't sound completely nerdy. Argh it's hard, I need help! This thread will hopefully be helpful for people trying to promote Ireland Offline on the streets on friday too as well. Also if people get talking to media as well, they'll know what to say. I remember going to the seminar, and I was pounced on by this journalist, and we had no idea what to say, so I had to just make something up on the spur of the moment, and it was on 5-7 live the next day! So let's be prepared this time :)

Could some people write a very short, the shorter the better, paragraph about what Ireland Offline is trying to do and why. And try not let it sound boring. Pretend you are just explaining to Mr. Joe Blogg on the street who is brainwashed with all of Eircom's propagana, and has never heard of Ireland Offline before. What should you say? How do you really catch someone's attention, and make them think? Like what is THE message we are trying to get across to the public and media on friday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Well I guess I will just get the ball rolling. I am thinking something along the lines of

Hey. I am from Ireland Offline and we are protesting here today about how it is twenty times more expensive connecting to the net in Ireland than it is in Northern Ireland, the UK, Finland, Hungary, Korea, Spain... almost every country in Europe. And with the Central Bank announcing the Death of the Celtic Tiger it is even more important than ever that Ireland be well placed in the Global Internet Economy. Ireland at the moment is far from being this hyped E-hub of Europe, but given the right tools it is something we could definitely achieve. This is why it is so important, and we would ask you to support our cause. To find out more visit www.irelandoffline.com

I told you, I am no good at these things .... come on any more short, concise, though provoking paragraphs from people?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

SEX .... Now that I've got your attention, let me explain what we at IrelandOffline are fighting for ............. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Buy Some Anadin Eircom - Fridays going to be one big headache

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

my old 88 copy of MAD had great one liners, but the book is not here with me at the moment.....so my own crap one will have to do

The trouble with Eircom is that it's a company full of genius, with absolutely no talent. Will Friday help them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Eircom does the work of three men: Larry, Curly & Moe. Get Smart on Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Eircom - A second rate company run by third rate people giving Ireland a fourth world internet.

On Friday Make Eircom Pay - Don't Connect.

Ireland: A First World Country With Third World Communications.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement