Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No java thingy

• 13-11-2001 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

"A supported version of java runtime environment could not be found. You need to install version 1.2 or later of the java runtime environment from sun. Java is automatically disabled for this session. Do you want to disable java for future sessions?"

Is an error I get when I try to open opera, opera still runs but without java support, and also:

"Error opening registry key 'Software\javasoft\java runtime environment'
    Error: could not find java.dll
    Error: could not find java 2 runtime environment"

Is an error I get when I try to invoke java from the console, what I would like to know is what the fück is going on???

I'm running windows millenium and have just installed jbuilder5 personal edition (which I strongly suspect as the culprit). So if anyone has any clues as to what is going on please reply, as for me I'm off to check the documentation to see if there is anything there about it.

ta

Baz_

<edit>
    just did a test java program in jbuilder5 and it ran okay so I must have some sort of java thingy somewhere.
    </edit>

<edit2>
    you can lock this one up mods I've just found what I was looking for</edit2>

Comments

Advertisement