Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Blacks Out

Options
  • 14-11-2001 12:02am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On Friday we are expecting to take all the boards bar this one offline. Its a sad day for us as this will represent the first time in 5 years we have ever deliberately impeded the free flow of civil debate and discussion.

But this site was founded, powered and grown by the general public.

Without the public this site is empty.
    Without the public there is no community.
    Without community there is no Boards.ie.

I dunno if the blackout will make a difference, I dunno if it will change anything. But you cant say you didnt try :)

Tom Murphy
    Boards Ltd.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I know this is totally irrevelant to the topic,
    But your name fcuking owns like that.
    can I have one too? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Very very impressive step, how many hits do the boards get per day?, i hope that for the day that everyone going to the site is redirected to the blackout url, really really should increase awareness.

Very much approve.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Nero

Longfield, In another thread DeVore mentions that "Theres a good 4000 active users" of boards.ie

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Most days we get about 25,000 page impressions.
    We usually have about 100 users online at any given moment.

My name does NOT own anything like that except big baggy grandma pants. grrr.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Nice move Dev.

BTW whats next after your Name makeover, maybe you'll start wearing luminous pink tank tops (yukkk horrible mental image that :P)

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
Advertisement