Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards to close... for a day...

• 14-11-2001 12:38am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We'll be joining IOFFL in their blackout day by closing all boards for one day (Friday) with the exception of the IOFFL board (which kinda ironically, we are leaving up for communications reasons for IOFFL people to organise stuff...thats our idea btw, they might ask us to close entirely I dunno...)

Anyway, we ask your patience and understanding.

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Boards down for the WHOLE day!!!!! Nooooo! Will have to work now!

Aww well, t'is for a good cause, nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Well played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in Germany at the moment, and was hoping to not have to join in the protests, y'see over here i have 24/7 access to internet over a network, at about 10mbs for a mere 6 punts a month, and its bloody fantastic that is, so i dont really feel the need to protest at that offer, and now i have to. Well ****!!

But as yer man said I suppose its for a good cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Nooooo!!!! *deep breaths* *deep breaths* I can do this, its just one day... oh féck wheres that inhailer!!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jaysis... feckin junkies hahahahah

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i endorse this blackout, even if it means i cant get my boards *fix* for the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Schedule:

Friday 8:00am-11:00pm- Stay in bed all day in cold sweat.

Saturday: Drink!

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

You people at boards sure know how to rip out someone's heart and feed it to them :( *boo hoo* *sniff* etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

oh god no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Crash&Burn

:mad: :confused::( :mad: :confused: :mad: :(:confused: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its ok, i have taken a snap shot of boards.ie and will put it up as my wallpaper for the day.
    mind you, i will then have to try and post up that none of the links work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think if your going to support the blackout go the whole hog.

Shutdown all the game servers as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

:(:(:(:(:( Now what am I going to do in college?!?! Luckily I'll be in Town with da rest, so It won't be a huge loss. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

good idea hobblers, and can you shut down the irc channels and all???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

lol, I can see quakenet taking that none too kindly :)

Al.

[edit]it aint just barrysworld[/edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

You do realise, so called DeVore, that I'll have to do a FULL days work now... and, and, and on a flippin' Friday as well ffs. booo!

(The argument 'You won't be online anyway!' is a good one which has no place here as it's use would be unfair. We all know your doing a good thing so put a sock in it, sonny.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yaaay! A day off muppet patrol! ;) Not, as many others have said, that I'd be online anyway. Rock on Ioffl!

P.s. Dev, I think you should stop going to Selafield for your holidays. It's having a strange effect on your name.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAhaaa ha...

I'll get me hazmat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

All Quake Servers will be down for the entire day too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thinking about it - it's ok, I was sitting down - I don't really see any real need for the IO forum to stay up. Most of the committee will be on Grafton Street on the day, and those who aren't won't be online anyway. So if DeV and Cloud are ok with it, I would suggesting taking the lot down. It should save a bit of hassle for Cloud anyway, because it just means toggling a radio button. :)

Anyway, thanks very much to Boards.ie, Spinsol, and everybody else for this, it's a fantastic help to us. I've been singing your praises big-time to all the journalists I've talked to over the last few days, and I think Boards.ie will be getting a few mentions in the coming days. We owe you pints, so be sure to come to Grafton Street tomorrow to claim them!

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

as amp put it no muppet patrols....who would have thought such a thing could happen, perfect excuse to go out on the pi$$...or even just sleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

i approached my company to join the blackout and was laughed at... i tried:(

i will however not be using the web for ye old blackout infact im tempted to take tomorrow off as im the guy who everyone goes to to get drivers... tis unfortunate but i cant get up to grafton street. wish i could cos its a good cause.

also if i go into work im afraid i may find that i actually do nothing for a living and then i would be depressed. fare thee well boards... see you monday morning.

j

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

No "fix"? Damn, better stock up on the old ciggies!!

Anything happening in Cork lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by dahamsta

We owe you pints, so be sure to come to Grafton Street tomorrow to claim them!

adam
    Tell me do u know what these ppl look like if u dont post here and ill post up piccies [sniggers]or go to grafton st. and pretend to be devore(free pints yeah!)[/sniggers]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I endorse this product and/or service (or lack thereof)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i have purchased a moderately priced bottle of vodka to show my support to this excellent cause. see you on saturday.

adnans

Advertisement