Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ITV1 launch on 20 Nov - OFFICIAL

• 14-11-2001 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Announced on http://www.angliatv.co.uk/digital/

The channel number will be 103 for Anglia viewers. Presumably viewers local to each region will get their regional variation.

Any clues as yet as to what EPG number will be assigned to UTV in the ROI?

SkySter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I dont want to get UTV.
    They dont show programmes atnetwork times. They show crappy regional stuff when other ITV regions are showing Good stuff.

I want to be able to select what region I want

I dont want to get UTV.
    They dont show programmes atnetwork times. They show crappy regional stuff when other ITV regions are showing Good stuff.

I want to be able to select what region I want.

If they give it a number then 666 would be fitting.

I dont want to get UTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

someone has become a little too fond of that post reply button!

I didnt mean it to show up 3 times!

Sorry!

Bond
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by Bond-James Bond
    I didnt mean it to show up 3 times!

Sorry!

Bond
    :(

Stuff happens its not a problem but for a moment I thought you were going to post 007 times :-)

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 roy

I checked the UTV website and theres no mention of it being available on sky digital. I just hope that ITV will be available in ROI, when it starts on the epg in the UK next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 roy

I dont want to get UTV.

The only primetime slots that UTV shows different programmes to other itv networks is Friday night when that awful kelly show is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 matrisk no 1

I Got this from itv today

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email of 12/11/2001.

Unfortunately, I am unable to advise as to when or whether the ITV
    channels will become available on Sky Digital. We have offered to
    discuss with all other platforms a deal that would enable them to carry
    ITV Sport Channel. Sky Digital have as yet not chosen to take the
    channel. So for now the only platform you are guaranteed to see all the
    top British football is ITV Digital with ITV Sport Channel in addition
    to Sky Sports 1,2 & 3. I can also confirm that NTL have chosen to carry
    the ITV Sport channel.

There is a possibility that Sky may take up the channel, but the ball is
    in their court and if you have an queries over this you should contact
    them.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact
    me again.

Yours sincerely

Liz Morton
    Customer Enquiries

Original Message Follows:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I dont want to get UTV.

who is that guy who talks before the programmes in the evening. he is terrible. anything but UTV would be nice but if it encrypts it could be a while before we see any ITV on Sky here in Ireland

• Advertisement

Mossy-I think the guy on UTV that you are talking about is only on at week ends as hge works for an airline during the week.
    Can someone confirm that?
    He gives some speel b4 Corronation street-The aul Wan's love it;)
    regards
    mm

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by madman
    Mossy-I think the guy on UTV that you are talking about is only on at week ends as hge works for an airline during the week.
    Can someone confirm that?
    He gives some speel b4 Corronation street-The aul Wan's love it;)
    regards
    mm

I know his first name is Julian but dunno surname.

I still would love to get UTV regardless. Better that than NO ITV region at all! It may be OK for some who have good UTV pics via cable or aerial but for me, I would be more than happy for UTV to don my EPG!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭NorthDown

Julian Simmons (don't hink it's simmonds but I'm sure someone else will confirm) He appears at weekends often with a quiz to try to entice viewers to stay with UTV (instead of switching like myself to Border to watch the Bill at 9.00pm). He used to work for Air Canada - they once did a report on it on UTV. He gave that up a few years back as he often does the panto at the Grand Opera House Belfast.

This is taken from Sky digi on line, a smaller digital spy type outfit:

17/11/01 More ITV1 details revealed
    SDO's continued ITV1 coverage continues now with Carlton also confirming that ITV1 will be available to Sky Digital viewers from the 20th of November. They have stated, for the first time that the; "ITV1 schedule will appear as normal" apart from some of the regional news services because, "the digital satellite service is technically unable to show all the regional services ITV1 broadcasts". Carlton also confirmed that if the regional service is not the one you usually watch, then simply switch to EPG 963 or 964 for your region. Source: Lakhvinder Baddhan, Carlton

16/11/01 ITV1 regional details announced EXCLUSIVE
    Both Anglia TV and Meridian have confirmed to SDO that ITV1 will launch on 20th November 2001 with other regions in the 900 section of the EPG. Meridian told us; "In regions like Meridian where there is more than 1 regional service, the main regional service will be found on channel 103... however, the others i.e. Newbury and Maidstone will be available through buttons 963 or 964". Anglia confirmed; "We understand that you are likely to be able to tune into adjoining ITV
    regions by going through the 900's". Anglia also revealed that "ITV regional reception on Sky Digital will be allocated according to postcode". The Guernsey Press has also reported that Channel TV will launch on Sky Digital on 20th November at 10am. SDO is the site to stay with for the very latest.
    Source: Lakhvinder Baddhan, Meridian, Anglia, Daniel Wilson, James Robinson

Now we know that in the UK it's going to be access all regions-But as ITV will not be on 103 in the Republic-Will Sky's technical people allow us in the Republic to see them in the 900's???
    They would have to be doing that "officially" ie: they would want to do it-lets hope so we shall wait and see!
    mm

Advertisement