Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgotten Passwords

• 14-11-2001 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a slight problem with a password on my machine. When I set up the account I set it to remember my password and now I have forgotten it. Now i need it again as I'm moving the login to a linux box. I was wondering if anyone has any idea how to recover or trap the password so that it's visable in plain text.
    Thanks,
    Clamor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Password for what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

yes the software package in use would be nice to know :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Judging by what you're saying it sounds liek an ISP account. Give them a ring and they'll reset your pw. Without more info that's all we can do :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

If I understand what you're saying you need to display a password that's currently being displayed as a string of asterisks

Little prog called Revelation will do the trick, do a search on google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

twas the ISP account details. sorry to have been so vague.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

per chance could u tell us which isp it is ? only that when you ring up eircom to ask bout the password you can remind them a bout the blackout on friday ;)

but ya do a search on google, speaking of which, their current logo is kinda cool, celebrating the anniversary of MONET

monet_logo.gif

Advertisement