Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD-RW program for win 2k pro

• 14-11-2001 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

[OS] Windows 2000 Professional, Service Pack 2 (5.0 - 2195)
    [CPU] 1-Intel Pentium III, 598MHz, 512KB Uptime: 32m 36s

^^ my machine...

i used to have win98 andi had an adaptec program called DirectCD for reading/writing to CDRW. It wont install under win2k, and i tried to download a new version but Adaptec sold the directCD product to some other crowd who only sell it in shops.

Do you know of any other programs that read/write to CDRW's?

DirectCD was yummy becasue it ran in the system tray and let you drag and drop files onto a CD just like a hard disc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Just so we can have a cdrw software religious war, I would advocate nero burning rom instead. www.ahead.de

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I second that, use Nero. Adaptec stuff is píss, especially since they put in the little talking cd thing. No apps should have those, they don't help anyone at at, it's the wrong way to show people how to use windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

afaik any CD-Authoring software will write to CD-RW's its the very same as writing to a CD-R only ya have to erase it everytime ya want to use it.

But nero for one is probably the best ull get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

DBC surely there is a win2k update for your version of EZCD and direct cd?

The auld versions i have do bitch when installing but then i just use the updates from roxio and all is well in my burning world.

I've got Nero and Cdrwin on my system too, but the adaptec/roxio applications are the easiest to use , and are what i usually use..unless an *ahem application needs..special treatment..*cough

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
Advertisement