Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ati rage

• 04-06-2000 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Does the ati rage do gl? which would be faster at 640x400res or 800x600 res, gl or software?, on a 333mhz 64mb ram and atirage?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

It does afaik, but not anything spectacular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

If its a rage pro, its not really worth it. The machines in my college have rage pro 4mb agp, and with a p3 450 chip they get 40-50 fps in quake3 with a really pared down config. If its a rage128 of any sort it will be grand though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

dont' care about quake3, what will it be like in quakeworld on the above system?, i dont' know wheters it's a rage pro or rage128, so persuming its 8mb rage pro what sorta fps would i aspect to get in quakewold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

It will be fine for qw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

sorry, no good in qw either. You get better fps in software. Weierd slowdowns in gl on the ati

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

do a search for ati and gl
    i remember when i had one i did a search and i came up with a good list of all the rage cards and someo of them do and some of them do not support it. however, i suspect that all the newer ones, anything over 4mg will support it.

Advertisement