Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks to Boards.ie, Quake, etc...

Options
  • 15-11-2001 2:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I've already sung praises on the Admin forum, but I wanted to say it here too, so our membership is aware of the lengths that Cloud and Spinsol are going to on our behalf. The lads have decided to take the site offline tomorrow in support of the IrelandOffline Blackout, and when you think about the size of the community here - Boards.ie has 5,500 members - that's a fantastic message of support that we should all appreciate. It seems that Quake will be offline tomorrow too, and there have been plenty more suggestions to add to that.

The reaction and support we're getting is truly amazing to me, I'm absolutely stunned by, and delighted with, the level of committment the Internet community has shown. I've been playing down the amount of support we were expecting over the past week or so when talking to the media, because I wanted to get across the fact that we were really trying to send a message and grow our community, but it's obvious to me now that IrelandOffline has become a force to be reckoned with, and we're going to continue to work as hard as we can to use the power you're giving us.

In other words, enormous thanks to everyone who's helping out, no matter how small your contribution. We really do appreciate it, and we *will* show our appreciation in the coming months, by working harder and harder to achieve our goals. And we'll have more announcements about how we intend to do that real soon now.

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

...and a big hardy YAW! to the IOFFL team!

Advertisement