Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win XP

• 15-11-2001 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Ive noticed that some computers are issuing win xp as their operating systems, eg Dell.

Whats it like, is it a big advancment on win 2k???

hertz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

nope. Actually I believe W2K is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

well these companys - dell, tiny, time etc are shipping it as a replacement for win 9x/me NOT 2k and i recon it is an improvement ofer them but as far as being better then win2k ? i cant really say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Hobbes
    nope. Actually I believe W2K is better.

I couldn't agree more.

I've removed XP and have reverted to 2K, it does everything except boot up better and faster.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Canadian

I converted to XP from Win 2K two weeks ago. Depending on HOW you use your computer it may be an improvement.

If you share your computer with others, its easier to switch between users (you can even remain online when you do it). If you have a big mp3 library, WMP8.0 is a big improvement. Some games run on XP that never did on Win2K.

If all you use is excel, word and outlook - don't bother switching. Programs run the same.

If you're an enthusiast, you might appreciate the new look. If you are just a practical user of programs, forget it.

I assume no business will upgrade to XP for years....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

back to 2000 for me as well.

I did a month of blue screens, games crashing like mad, and all the damn "send error report" screens. Fek that! why should i do MS' homework for them! if their product is so crap they still need field reports to get it right then why put the os on the market?

maybe i go back to xp after service pack 2 or 3 is released, but youd be mad to upgrade from 2000. sweet as candy it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

Ah but it's OK to release buggy software.....all you have to do is wait for the point releases.......:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I haven't had a problem so far, and some of my older games (which won't run under 2K) run perfectly under XP, so I'm happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Using it for the last month. Assuming you've got newish hardware go for it.. Think its a huge improvement..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Bloody newbie ya Slosh, what would YOU know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Shut yer Mullet Head Nads boy..

• Advertisement
Advertisement