Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking the Thunderbird

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

think it was tomshardware who couldnt even get a slot-a 750 tbird to 800 successfully,
    a nice board like this should help..

although why release a Slot A motherboard when the Slot A processors are only going to selected OEMs is beyond me, perhaps sufficient people are unsatisfied with the standard OEM mainboards smile.gif

http://www.filmsoc.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

are they producing tbirds with that much cache?
    i thought they were going to wait for the Mustang core to release a proper Xeon/Foster rival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

They didnt make it very clear, but the KinetiZ-7T is SocketA, so It'll be fine with retail TBirds (The VIA KT133 chipset is basically the SocketA version of their current one).

"Now, our new type of mainboard KinetiZ 7T with VIA KT-133 chipset is brought to you with even more advanced features."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

There releasing the Slot-A so people like my self who know abit about amd cpu's can change there cpu with out there motherboard.
    As for not getting the 750 to 800 that was a well knowen fact(so people said) before they tried, they just wanted to see if they could do it. In all the T-bird looks like a good cpu, not as fsat as some people might have like but a good on none the less. Where you will realy see some of the speed inprovement is in the higher cache levels 1meg and up

Advertisement