Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Flashpoint Night: Galway

Options
  • 15-11-2001 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

[PLUG]
    There's an Opeartion Flashpoint night being organised for This saturday, 17th November in Lanfest (or 'Clan' to all the newbies that have sprung up lately).
    For those who don't know, it's on 11 Lower Dominick St.
    Opposite Róisín Dubh and Taylor's.
    You'll prolly need to book in advance.
    The whole place is being setup, web machines and all (they're similar spec to the rest of the machines - ~P800with 256MB ram + GF2GTS)
    £20 for 8 hrs.

I'm bringing my own PC cos I've got a blast of addons over the week.

Trying to find an Irish Army Rangers unit for it. Would be cool.
    Get some Fouga Magisters buzzin around being shot down by the Russians.... :)

All machines will have 1.30 installed.

Ring on: 091 588 710

Will be a good one.
    Plenty of pubs close by too :)
    [/PLUG]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Gah fs, I'd be really interested in this but its in Galway..Op flash would be great over a lan but Im not going to Galway for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

same as that richindub, a lan night in dub would be nice, even though i am not so good at the game. an experience it would be though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Yeah one in Dublin would be cool. I've never tryed playing it on the net for the simple reason I have a 56k modem and can only assume you get a 500 ping. Is it playable off a 56k?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

I'd love to go but Galway is like another country away. If there was a decient group of people from dublin going that I knew then maybe. But otherwise fraid its a no-no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

.and wonder why I'm p1ssed off at ye.

There is a flucking good reason why I put 'GALWAY' in the title.
    Obviously ye never knew about the penny, let alone see it drop.

I am angry that ye all posted, all of ye from dublin too mind, just to say that it would be better if it was in dublin. Fair enough. Have one in Dublin (which I see ElMArco is planning allready). Enjoy it, should be good.
    But ffs, don't go posting a link toa dublin OP|Flash Lan in a Galway OP|Flash Lan thread - which was obviously meant for interested parties who would|could make the effort to come to it.

Have a little more fupping cop-on next time.
    Please.

:mad:

Rather than making a new thread i thought it'd be better to post a link in this one...The Dublin one doesnt even have a date set like, so its not going to take people from your Galway one.

That's not what i meant Rich.

I'm not actually organising it. Just doing a bit of plugging for it.

I put 'Galway' in the title so as to tell ppl straight off that it was in Galway. Obviously if you live in Dublin (only down the road from our point of view) I don't expect you to come up at 2 days notice.

I was a bit annoyed at the way only Dubs gripping about how far away it is posted, and then to cap it all you posted a link to another thread in the middle.
    [aside]Why in the Half-life boards? Why not in the Games boards where it belongs, and where ppl might expect to find it - or even in Wargames boards....???
    [/aside]

This isn't even a BYOPC type lan (though I'm bringing mine for different reasons).

I'd expect a "few" Galweh heads to show anyways :)
    Don't actually know the numbers coming yet, but last time I talked to Ronan (exactly a week ago i think) he said it was filling up fast....
    This thread may only serve as a reminder for peeps.
    Dunno.

Still no luck yet finding an Irish Army Rangers Squad (OP|F speak for Clan) or skin yet.
    The Styer AUG is in 1.3 now too. Perfect.
    I might just take a whack at making some MOWAG Pirahnas too....full Irish PDF kit.. :)

Sorry SyxPak. It's just lans like that don't happen much and the idea of an operation flashpoint clan sounds brilliant, I was just dissapointed :(

And I posted the op|flash lan in dublin, in the hl boards because it's usually the hl heads that go to these things.

So sorry SyxPak for posting inappropiatly.

But if another lan came along with more notice, I might try and go to it.

Eyah, no probs :)

Sorry for kinda flying off the handle.
    Appologies etc.

One thign I'd reccomend;

Either get people who are competent with teh mission editor to make big multiplayer maps (20+ players) or learn Ceczh for some of the sites......

Excellent crack.
    Just learnt that you can parachute out of a PaveHawk no matter what class you are.... hehehehe ;)

Can you say 'Death from above' ????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

thats a very monthy pythonesque u have El Marco :)

and ya galway is just too far 4 me....should be a great nite tho

njoy

I do good work, Monty pytonesque is the only way :p

And how do clan matches work for op|flash?
    With a very good ping I say it could be very good :D

"Squads"....Clans are now Squads. Or Divisions or whatever Army Grouping scheme your chosen military uses.

Twas excellent crack. Stayed till 6:30am ish.

Get a joystick for flying the choppers and planes, totally different to the mouse + Keyboard config, much more natural and you are 10 times as accurate landing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

ARGH!

why do I not check these boards, twould have been mad to have gone to even though I have never played op flash :)

We must get regular all nighters in there going

Yeah. Ronan mentioned a Q3: Team Fortress night. Still in the works. Ask him or Fergus about it.

Doodee knew about it. Himself and Thrax and a few others were up at his house. Eeejits coulda come down. There was about 3-4 spots left.

Advertisement