Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackout site down?!

Options
  • 15-11-2001 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to convince some people to stay offline tomorrow and I can't direct them to the site because it seems to be well...offline!

Not a good time really...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

just noticed that myself........you can copy html code off us here or just link your index file directly. www.isis.ie/xfmhttp://www.isis.ie/xfm

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

No panic guys.. the man himself is on the case :)

Normal service will be resumed shortly

(hmm.. it's at times like this that my Boston Pops Orchestra Plays Bossa Nova would come in handy)

I've moved a copy of the blackout splash, gif and css to www.qvolution.com if you want to take a copy from there too. (also added some elevator music :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

nice one, daithi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Just rang the people who host our US box. Their primary upstream provider has lost all connectivity. I'm sorry folks, but there's simply nothing I can do until the upstream comes back.

I'll reserve commentary on the timing.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ekehoe

Adam's on the case, just got off the phone (how archaic) with him. Seems like the whole company that hosts a bunch of his sites is down. He's calling them now.

Sabotage? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........makes you wonder. Who is getting the worst press from the Blackout? I'm not naming names, but something smells like a mouse around here...(IMHO)

E

• Advertisement

Meant to mention, I explained our situation and how important it was, but obviously we're not the only ones with a box in their NOC (although we were one of the first). These things are usually handled quite rapidly, but I'll hang around until it is, make sure everything is running smoothly.

Sorry folks, but there's absolutely nothing I can do. I'd deliver the packets by hand if I could... :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Have you got access to the DNS records? (they're still resolving)

I can have box for you up in 10 mins if you want.

That box is our primary SCM, so it's no good unfortunately. I would have rammed the site onto our UK server otherwise. The offer is appreciate though.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

[(also added some elevator music :) [/B]

Oh man, that tune really SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Meant to mention, I explained our situation and how important it was, but obviously we're not the only ones with a box in their NOC (although we were one of the first). These things are usually handled quite rapidly, but I'll hang around until it is, make sure everything is running smoothly.

What company are you using for the hosting?

I' m very suprised that an upstream provider would loose all connectivity as 99% of them use BGP-4 with diverse routes.

• Advertisement

Net Infrastructure in Colorado. Multiple OC-48's from multiple providers, but they've still dropped completely off the map. Very odd. To be fair to them though, this is the first time I've ever had a major issue, and I've been with them since January '99.

I could have stuck it in Webfusion, but they - half the UK in fact - disappeared earlier this year with a UU router failure. And they're much picker about overages, which I'm obviously expecting.

We live and learn... :(

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 exdub

Just FYI - In attempting to access my Spamcop account just now, I discovered it is down due to a "Power loss at NYI.NET." So, it made wonder if that might be one of Net Infrastructure's upstream providers...if so, perhaps that's the problem.

Looked NYI [New York Internet] up and discovered it's located in Manhattan's Exchange Street, which is not far from the WTO site. Ergo, wondering if the recovery workers there might have accidentally pulled up a cable...

Spamcop, btw, hopes to be back up by 0800 GMT.

Alice http://www.ctel.net/~akehoe/irl.html [<-- blacked out]

Advertisement