Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bbc2 Ni

• 16-11-2001 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭

whats the Deal with them. No Top Gear tonight. There was a message to tune to BBC2 Uk on 964 or use analogue.
    Methinks its time that we kicked up a stink about not getting the Proper BBC2.

Bond

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

I agree. These regional 'opt-outs' at prime time are becoming irritating. BBC2W hashogged prime time from 8-10pm every night, with very average home produced programmes. Interestingly, the 'i' botton tells you what's on the analog version, if you want to tune in. I see BBC2 ni are repeating extra programmes like 'Student Life' and 'Spotlight' at prime time. It's killing off the whole good of BBC2 and what it used to stand for. It;s starting to remind me of having S4C only, and wanting to see C4 programmes.
    Thank God for my Scottish viewing card, I can watch 964 for the main BBC2 channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I actually have a London based BBC card! :)

Its my folks that are pissed about BBC2 Ni. they have the family pack ROI version. Nice little earner for me charging admission to watch Top Gear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

these opt outs are starting to piss off every one i know who watches BBC2 via Sky. "how do we get everyone to go digital television". "i know!!!!! we will show them crap instead of what is being broadcast on the inferior analogue service".

i too am really annoyed by these programmes. an email is going to Sky via their website in a few minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Stretching OT....

Hi Mossy, I hope you haven't just yet!

I know some companies disregard any e-mails or communications with them in the wee small hours of the weekend, in case it is taken up as a drunken mistake. I remember Egg internet bank had a problem with transactions, vast amounts of money, and then people ringing up and the next morning, realising their mistake saying, "ohhhh I was drunk last night, wasn't I!?!?!"....

Certain big companies act this way, just so you know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i got too tired last night so didn't bother. i will now though. maybe an email to the BBC would be better

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

These opt-outs have been predicted months ago by ICDG. It's just us ROI viewers who lose out by not having the other BBC2 regions like in UK. Bit of a shame :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

We shoudn't take this lying down! The time for action is now!
    We should revolt!

Advertisement