Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3com 3c905btx with nt

• 06-06-2000 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

having probs with this ****ing thing.
    The actual card runs grand, but when booting NT up, ( NT 4, sp6) the event log keeps saying that the 3com 3c95X bus master driver failed to load, cause of a prob with some device ..
    i'm having this same problem on 2 pc's with nt server installed.. any ideas ?

Gav

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you sure theyre the right drivers?
    i mean, are you absolutely sure?

and you say the cards run grand you just get a message saying that a device driver failed to load?
    hmmm, sounds like my system. i get that everytime i boot up and i couldnt be arsed to find out what it is coz everything works grand...strange huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

hmmm 2 things. Re-install sp6 (sometimes ya need to after installing network drivers, 'specially 3coms) and fiddle with busmastering in yer bios. Other than that let sleeping dogs transmit packets.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

If it ain't a typo then you have 2 network drivers or just services loading....3c95x, rather than 3c90x. Go looking for the other one in your net section or Devices in CTRL-Panel.

Advertisement