Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well its gone midnight, where is everything?

Options
  • 17-11-2001 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Call me impatient but if the "strike " is over why hav'nt the boards automatically cut back in?

Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Glad

probably because devore is lying face down in some bar in town. along with serveral other id imagine at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

what are you gits doing up this late anyway, go to bed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hell, its only 12.22, once I was on-line until gone 2 and had to be up at 7 the next morning, funny thing was I felt pretty good on less than 5 hours sleep!( did'nt crash the van once:D)

Zzzzzzzzzz

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Ah the tones of Gladiator are back amongst us again:)

Well I was there but had other stuff after to attend to after-so I'm back home after a 24 hour sebaticle from the www. Wasn't that difficult mind ye.

Town was pretty busy and we went thro' alot of leaflets while I was there - anyone who stopped to listen seemed quite interested and I suppose that was the main exercise of the project...Informing the Public.

Fair Play to all who showed up and especially to Elana for her all day stint- It ws nice to meet up w/ a few of you again since the seminar and meet a few of the Boards Crew.

Actually I wonder will anyone remember Nov. 16th for these co-related events.....

IrelandOffline holds Blackout
    &
    Alfie Kane resigns as head of €ircom

I suppose the Blackout must have been a success then;)

"FIGHT THE POWER" Chuck D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

A good turnout considering it was a working day, I think. People seemed interested in the flyers and read them intently rather than chucking them which was encouraging. I was only there a short time due to family commitments but it was good to see some of the major players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

"Alfie Kane resigns as head of €ircom"
    Perhaps sensing that the reign of telecommunications terror is coming to an end and that Irish people are no longer going to be complicit with €ircom and their exorbitant prices.
    Thanks in no small part to Elana, who I commend for her efforts and everyone else involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KevDaEdbanger

me board.
    [punyy I Know]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by Hannibal_12
    "Alfie Kane resigns as head of €ircom"
    Perhaps sensing that the reign of telecommunications terror is coming to an end and that Irish people are no longer going to be complicit with €ircom and their exorbitant prices.

Don't kid yerself that Baron Flatulence is gonna radically change Eircom overnight. Oh no. Do you reckon he's gonna magically click his fingers at give the whole country ADSL and flat rate access before Christmas? Na.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

Originally posted by mike65
    Call me impatient but if the "strike " is over why hav'nt the boards automatically cut back in?

Mike

Remember that for another 7 or So hours it is still 16th November in some places in the world. boards.ie is on the World Wide Web. One posible reason?:confused:

Peteer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Well, if you apply that logic, boards.ie should've been blacked out at 1100 GMT Thursday, because in far out places like Tonga, it would be Friday.

It's 10am Saturday GMT. Should'nt we all be going by that clock as regards the blackout?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Glad
    probably because devore is lying face down in some bar in town. along with serveral other id imagine at this stage.

DeV was, unfortunately, too busy to join us for pints later on, Gladiator, but thanks for assuming anyway! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

boards.ie didn't come back up automatically due to the fact that I don't have a modem at home (awww!), so I had to come in to work to turn them back on. And I didn't leave "fix me" instructions when I shut things down yesterday ;-) Damn you all for making me get up!!!

Enjoy,

John.
    --

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by Cloud
    Damn you all for making me get up!!!

--

Ah...you love us really, u know u do :)

Advertisement