Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quicktime .mov

• 17-11-2001 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

I've downloaded the Starwars EPII trailers in .mov format (zipped first) from fileplanet. Open em, and tried to play em using Quciktime 4 I think.
    I get the sound, but no picture.
    I've also tried downloading the Quicktime5 free player from apple.com.
    Eejits won't let me download the installer on it's own. they want it to be run on this machine.
    Obviously I'm in college (you think i'd be bothered downloading movies on my 28.8 DACS connection at home?) so installing the player here isn't an option.
    Can anyone help me view these files?

I've tried getting the MPEG version of the main trailer but Fileplanet doesn't want to cooperate.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

You can get the standalone download at

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone/

For the large size trailers you need quicktime 5 pro. For everything else quicktime 5 will do

Cheers
    -Toppy-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Thanks man. Needed that.

Fecking Realplayer's a biatch too.

heard MediaPlayer 7.0 is pants? I've instaleld it and the bonus pack. Haven't noticed much going wrong, yet.

Is 6.4 as good as it gets (for now)??

Advertisement