Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

troublesome 3com switch

Options
  • 17-11-2001 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

I have a 3com superstack II, switch 1000 with 2 servers plugged into it. There's a crossover cable going from the switch to a wall socket.

The problem is that it only seems to maintain a connection for one of the servers (147.252.129.250), the other (147.252.129.251) stays connected for a certain amount of time but always ends up disconnecting. I don't think it's a problem with that particular server since it does stay connected when plugged straight into the wall socket.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Are the two servers the exact same spec? (could be a dodgy NIC).

I presume you've tried the servers in a few different ports on the switch? I've a few 3coms that have ports gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

no they arent the same spec, one is a dell poweredge 300, the other is an AlphaServer 1200. The Dell is the one that's giving trouble, it has an Intel Etherexpress 10/100 NIC in it. I'm not too sure about the Alpha but I think it's some form of DEC 10/100 network card.

I haven't tried to move the servers to different ports yet.

Advertisement