Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dont forget!

Options
  • 17-11-2001 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

For the next protest....I think the idea of not paying your phone bills until the very last day was a very good one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

wouldnt make a difference i am lucky if i pay it on the last day let alone the day before

Your best bet is teaming up with businesses who are affected by the exorbidant prices and getting them (and personal members too) to fund a advertiseing campaign of some sort

there is also the idea of gettign someone to run for the dail in the next election

and would be interested to know if any of ye have considered confronting politions and people from eircom in a radio or tv debate and showing the likes of eircom and the others for what they really are con artists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

Origionally posted by fcddunne
    there is also the idea of gettign someone to run for the dail in the next election

I really think thats a good idea and i know a few people here (not personally) that i would love to see running for it becaouse i know they would make a big difference. I wont make any suggestions as to who they are in case they might be offended but im sure ye all know who im thinking of :p

MS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I think that if the next campaign is again going to about publicity then getting sponsorship to print out flyers, and advertise, I think would be one of the best ideas. I think that if you got sponsorship, you could then print out enough flyers to deliver to homes, I dont think youd get enough for the whole of Ireland but then again I wouldnt be involved in the logistics of deciding who got the leaflets, but I think thats a really good idea.

I think it would be more effective in terms of the dail, to try and get an already established politician to lobby for the group, but s/he would have to be very trustworthy, and thats rare in a politician.:p

I think not paying phone bills is a silly idea, and I personally don't see what effect this will have, except for getting a few unlucky/forgetful people cut off.

I also think that another blackout would be an excellent idea while trying this time through advertising (if you get the sponsorship) to convince as many people as possible to join the blackout.

Baz_

Advertisement