Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody for DCU?

Options
  • 17-11-2001 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭

Is anybody else in here thinking of going to DCU next year? I was at the open day today but I didnt see anybody I know.
    I'm thinking about Mathematical Science or Financial/Actuarial. Anybody want to tell me anything about them or warn me off them? Tell me now before its too late!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

I was there! I probably saw you but seen as I've never seen you before I wouldn't have recognised you.

And contrary to popular belief PAYING IN THE CANTENE DOES NOT GET YOU BETTER FOOD.

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭nlb

you were there?, i didnt see you, but i was at one f those saturday courses.

.....HORRAY FOR FREE CRAP!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭nlb

no, wait i did..., for some strange reason i had it in my head that sven had written that........sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

It's because iMPs current avatar is the same (or similar) to svens old avatar. Which is confusing.

By now, people tend to not even read the name on the post, if there is an avatar, which is why i chose a vaguely distinctive, not particularly popular avatar, and i dont change it.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Well sorrrrrrrrrry.

I was just getting bored of the old one.

Anyways Adam why can't we use our own avatars???

}:>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Somewhat reminds me of the time(s) when we (and by we I mean EVERYONE) agreed that Ian continously copies me.

Hmm...

HMM....

Nah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I'm going again, if for any reason, to try to finish one of those armadillos.
    *shudder*

PS: I remember Sven's avatar being a different colour than iMP's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Why does everyone refer to my avatar in the past tense?

YOU'RE SCARING IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

Now that is off topicness well done adam

You cant use your own avatars because wed be flooded with the bloody things. I think you could customise your avatar a while ago, but the feature was taken out for some reason. You could ask in the admin forum if you like.

SOL, try not to be such a complete t!t.

A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Sorry to sound like dictator above, but will anybody stay on-topic and answer my question?
    Pretty please with a shiny cherry on top?

Thanks for that :rolleyes:

In reply to your question, it is unlikely in the extreme that i will be going to dcu.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Static

You get sick of DCU after the first year. (Though I'd say it's the same everywhere).

How to get through DCU:
    Eat in the canteen as little as possible
    (the food really is that bad)

Join lots of clubs and socs, it's the only way to have an active social life in dublin 9 :)

If you're planning on living in residences, apply early, though lately they've got a random selection thing goin' on.

Make as many friends as possible. There's so many retards about it's good to spot them early, and thin the numbers out by second year 8)

Warning : DCU teaches you to be bitter and cynical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

What course are you doing?
    Is it anything like as nerdish as what I want to do?

Advertisement