Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Links to IOFFL

Options
  • 18-11-2001 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Im really putting myself out on a limb here and maby im going to word this all the wrong way. But i will put this as best i know how to. I spent several hours surfing the www tonight (withdrawel after being offline for 48 hours :) ) But i have noticed that a LOAD of people that have have offered to link IOFFL to their Home page or whatever have just done that.... But they have not updated them since that. Hell im not going to name names or give URL's etc. All im going to say is why stop there ? At the risk of sounding terrible if ye took the time to do it why not keep it up-to-date ? /Me gets an armour plated ass shield.

MS

PS Im in trouble again right ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I don't quite get what you're saying here, MS... how does one keep a link to someone elses web site "up to date" ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

I dont have a clue about updateing pages or anything to the www. But last night i went searching for IOFFL and found things like this

Ireland Offline - Latest News
    http://www.irelandoffline.com/offline/index.html

And all im getting is the error 404 Not Found ? Thats just one example and maby i am doing something wrong ? If i am maby you could help ?

Cheers,

MS

Ah - that's an old URL. Whatever search engine you were using obviously hasn't updated our entry in it's database in a while.

I'll probably just put a redirector at that URL next time I get a chance anyway.

cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

usually when i get that 404 error page i look for the link that says "contact network settings" that usually works

I dont know how it works or if it will work all the time but sometimes it just does

ah the mysteries of the web ...

Thanks Guys :)

MS

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Bard

I'll probably just put a redirector at that URL next time I get a chance anyway.

done... sort of.

Thanks Bard ,
    The guys in Aussie who gave me that link as an example appreciate your most helpfull advoice. (not in those exact words but :) )

MS

Advertisement