Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex Problem !!

Options
  • 18-11-2001 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

I have a problem with a particular level in Deus Ex which is stopping me from playing on.
    I've heard of this problem occuring before and have not seen a patch for the bloomin' thing.

Anyways - Heres The Prob :
    On Hell's Kitchen , When You have to send the signal from the NSF HQ and then Help Paul escape,
    I send the signal and then head back to his apartment.
    When I go into his room ( front door or window ) Paul is NOT there in his usual spot on the chair.

If when I leave the apartment through the door - there are a load of Men In Black and UNATCO troops outside.
    I know that there not supposed to be invincible - But They Are.

And When I then get killed by them,I just die as normal.
    Nothing.

so You See - My problem is obvious.
    I cant continue the game because of this annoying little bug or whatever.

If some1 could give me the help I need or direct me to a patch,
    Sound.

Thanx In Advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

I think I know whats wrong now - When U get dropped off on the roof - u should just go straight to the NSF HQ.
    I went into Paul's apartment first.
    This mightn't be it at all but I'll give it a go.

No - my idea was again wrong.
    You have to talk to Paul first then go to the NSF HQ.

Its still doesnt work anyways.

I'd like to hear if it worked out for Fidelis.

I'll just have to keep trying it until it works but its so fuppin' annoying.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well I tend to get very agressive with these nasty people that are trying to kill my brother. I place a shed load of grenades around the area where I know they'll turn up and when they open the door I move around so they move to find me. Of course they then set off the grenades.

Then I use the RL to fire on the ground near the door, and then jump out and finish the rest off.

Now Paul has this urge to walk into the hotel lobby and get killed so previously I have piled up all the furniture on the stairs to delay him until I can take out the rest of those unfriendly soldiers.

But then you have no Paul so you can't have those last precious conversations. As for patches, will afaik these are the only patches for Deus Ex:

Direct x patch (270kb):
    http://easynet.games.tucows.com/download/preview/211411.html

Multiplayer patch (36mb):
    http://easynet.games.tucows.com/download/preview/212005.html

• Advertisement

Problem Sorted now.
    I just replayed the level.
    Thanx for the advice lads.

But - one qeustion.

When all the troops and MIBs are dead,Does Paul just disappear?

I looked all over the hotel but he isnt there.

does this matter ?
    (I dont see his body - either - so he isnt dead)

Telling you where he is now would be a spoiler for you.

I've resumed to playing the game now.
    It was worth all that annoyance - but wouldn't u think that they would have patched that bug - by NOW ??!!

Thanx for the help - u lot anyhow.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Ah you poor chap, that's what I had to do, replay the entire level to get it working. Although, I hadn't actually made a proper save from the second level, so I was forced to play for a good few days before actually getting to see Paul in that apartment. The smile on my face when I saw him :D

Thanx Fidelis.
    I'm happily playing away now - no problems yet.

Tis a class game.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Shouldn't you be studying for your Christmas exams Michael??

BTW, I have Insane now. Yes. :)

Does Niall get the network up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Ya tis a cool game, Vincent got it and i got a lend of it, not sure if he's played it yet but anyhew...

ya just did that bit the other day.
    I didn't have much weapons on me and when those boyo's came through the doors, so i stuck a lam on the door and fired a that emp thingy, ended up in a medicaly place so not sure what happened there. got passed that and just started Hong Kong.
    Haven't done anything in that level yet tho. So how far along in the game am i? First time to Hong Kong, i just know i'm spellinthat wrong... oh and i killed that bitch cyborg one( when she was givin me orders on that big plane)... do any of these things make any diff to the story line???

Alan.

Killed her on the plane? I think I killed her later than that. In the UNATCO HQ. I remember trying to pop a cap in huh' ass on the plane, but getting 0wned the minute I fired my gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ahhh loser! :)

what ya do is walk right up to her as her friend and take aim square between the eyes with a nice assualt rifle or something and keep firing, don't stop. then she goes invisible and tries to run away so tget that gep gun and fire it down the plane at her. Sorted, then ya lie about it for ages after that, nice!

Nah - Syx - I 've finished my Xmas Exams now.
    No probs. ;)

I killed her on the plane too,very easy to kill her.
    Just pulled out the GEP Gun. :)

Talk To Ya later Syx anyways.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Swine..........I'm only starting mine.
    Maths-Physics on Wedensday. Maths(Algebra) on Thursday, week after that is choka-blok too.

I haven't had a chance to play half the games yet. Don't have time. Wait till christmas holidays.

Gonna try and get my ass a job in Compustore too. In the service Dept.
    Handy way to get cheap hardware ;)

Are there any files I should have for Deus Ex? Any specific Patches/good Mods??

have you seen System Shock2 anywhere?

Advertisement