Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voting polls

Options
  • 18-11-2001 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

were could i get free no ad voting polls for my website ?

thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭acidweb

I just put together a poll site last weekend (as you do). I don't plan to put ads on it as I've never got a penny from the sites I do slam ads on! Kinda just made it for friends/clients etc.

If ya need any specific things I could customise it for you :cool: Love to hear any comments/suggestions/*rants* by the way.

http://poll.peter365.com/ ~ peter365.com :: free polls

Peter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

www.moreover.com
    This is a good resource for free polls- and is also very customisable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 wws

Slightly differnet question but same topic:

I have a sports club site, can i get a free poll and secure it so that only members of the club can vote - is there a place i can get free "log-in" code or a poll that is customisable to this extent? I need to know who is voting.

i basically want to run web polls that any member of the club can vote in online but whose results wont be distorted by passing traffic voting spuriously...as the results will be taken as part of the formal vote of our members..any suggestions???

any help/advice comments appreciated, cheers.

Why dont you just get a free poll from somewhere and then password protect the page that it is located on.

That would be my recommendation- Its a lot easier to password protect a page than to rewrite the code to protect the poll IMO:)

Thanks.....but i forgot to mention that i am a complete blitherin eejit..........so how do i password protect a page???????

I'll do it your way.....but how do i do that way?????

• Advertisement

Heres a simple example....
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/password.htm

This is a good, simple way of controlling user access to a page. I put it on a page I did for lecturer last year when posting up some lecture notes that he didn't want the general public to have access to. W/ this method you can tell club members the password etc.

cheers for the link

Advertisement