Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about DVD

• 18-11-2001 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Was wondering if dvd writers and blank dvds are available yet? I've checked a couple of sites but there only seems to be cd writers etc.

If they are available what price etc would they be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

DVD Writers are available but the price is expensive IR£600 - IR£700. Panasonic seem to be the leaders in the field at the moment. Have a look here for some tech info

jbkenn

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

Excellent stuff. Just what I was looking for. Thanks:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

LOL, £600-£700, there is on advertised in this months computer active for £299 a panasonic one afaik. I'll find out the details and post tomorrow.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Price info was from a friend whose company bought some Panasonics recently from an irish supplier. I had a look at dabs in the U.K. and their price is
    DVD-RAM/R Internal IDE Kit
    Mfr code: LF-D311
    Quicklinx: 109WWS
    £522.87
    So if you can get them at £299, buy them up, you wll make a fortune.

jbkenn

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

thanks for the help jbkenn :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement