Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCART to S Video +SPDIF or Line In

• 18-11-2001 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭

Recently got myself setup on astra 19.2(thank you Tony ) and the Pace digibox I have has a scart out which i would much rather use than composite, to plug into my wintv card- which has s video, would like to use the spdif in on my Audigy ex , or at worst the line in.

Havent had much luck finding an scart conversion lead.

Did get a scart to s video and phono from Maplins..but it turns out to be s video +phono to scart not the other way around..and they dont have cables going the other way..bahh

Some of the channels on 19.2 do broadcast in DD and looking on the net it is apparent that the scart connectors do have an ac3 pin...so scart to s video and spdif should be possible to get.

Any ideas anyone where i can get such a lead?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

I use a box I got from Compustore with a bunch of cables for TV-out for watching DVDs; the little interface box has a switch to say either Input or Output, so i guess it could work.

Basically I get the SVideo on the card to a composite cable converter (came with the video card), and then the composite video goes to the box, as does the split stereo audio from the audio card.

Then the other side of the box has the SCART connector, and on top is the switch to change between Input and Output directions (although I haven't tried the other way yet as I only am using TV out).

Cost me £30 and the cables (1 comp video and 1 dual-stereo cable) are 10m long which is pretty good.

Actually come to think of it, the cable they provide in the kit is a SVideo cable with the 5 pins. That can plug straight into the box (4 connectors: 1x composite, 1x Svideo, 2x audio), OR you can do composite with a SVideo/Composite cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Stay the **** away from compu store, you should be able to get a scart with an in/out switch on it, which goes to 3 Composite connectors and an s-video connector.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

you should be able to get a scart with an in/out switch on it

...yea, its a tiny little device. I have one here and it works great - took me ages to find it though, most of the shops I went into had aparently never heard of S-Video - finaly found it in the local electronic store... I'd say its a bit out of the way you though - Buncrana, Co. Donegal? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeah, it seems a lot of people in supposed Tech stores don't know a RJ-45 from a GF2MX400 ;)

Spent 4 hours on All-Ireland Footbal Sunday (the day GALWAY won) trying to find a pack of CDR pens. Check three easons, every music shop I could find - noone knew wtf I was on about.
    Cept one young lad in a store on Henry Street <?>. He was a good help. Geve me directions to Maplins. Unhappy bunch of moaners them boys in that shop. Wonder what the staff of Peat's are like....

£2.49 I think they cost, along with a pair of very swollen feet.

Still. I had crack. An got pissed. So it wasn't a total waste of time.

Pseudo-techies. Beware.

Advertisement