Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RealPlayer piece of sh*t

• 19-11-2001 8:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Whenever I run realplayer, it adds itself to the registry so it will load itself to the system tray on start up, which I really don't want, is there anyway to stop this from happening, its reeeeaaaallly annoying having to go into regedit to remove it again, and again, and again.

Surely its illegal too, along the same vein as hacking, but I digress.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

right click on the ikkle real icon in the systray and go to 'smart centre options' or something then its just a case of disabling 'smart centre' or wot ever its called - it then askjes u about 4 times ARE U SURE ?!?!?! :( while ur in the options turn off allll other file associations cause its only good for its one .rm .ram ;)

no haxxoring ;p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

good man, I really hate programs that insist on starting in the system tray, really annoying, thanks for the fix though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Oh god ya i hate real player! another way, in 98 anyway, is in: start - progs - accessories - system tools - system info (i think) n somewhere in there u can do a selective boot, simpley a matter of tickin off the proggys u don't want to run at start up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I made up my mind ages ago to never use any of real's trash unless I need to for work - someone needs to pay me before I'll have the hassle of dealing with their CRAP. Can't stand software like that. Burn it, burn it all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Re: realplayer's annoying b1tchy habits
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeroes.

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement