Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new opera user. help!

• 19-11-2001 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

hey dudes

i just downloaded v5.12 of Opera (wanna try a different browser)

when using IE i can just go to the icon and right click which gives me what i need. i need to config for use with the proxy server. does anyone know how to do this... or indeed what im talking about?

cheers
    jaz?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Good choice in browser jaarius, it is a very fast and nice to use one. Get your mouse speedies working too, great fun!

I think what you are looking for is in the file - preferences section menu thang. Open up a new browser window, go up top to file, go to preferences [then connections]

Maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

yup file - preferences - conections - proxy servers.

I don't sing it praises myself, i noticed it has trouble with java applets... sometimes they'll load, other times they won't. And i notice it doesn't seem to 'install on demand' like iexplorer, maybe there's an option there somewhere, i've only been using it a few days now n i haven't found it (not that i looked to hard ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ye Java seems to be a problem with it. I have problems using Javascript, dunno about the applets. I have the Java plug in but it still doesn't allow me to do stuff that I really need to do. :(

Shame it has the potential for greatness

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

im using it right now and seems fun. i can do so much with it. tho i found to be very slow on some web sites.

cheers dudes
    jaz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Isegrim

I am using opera 5.12
    and java is running fine (on win 98 2nd)

When using Linux i still have some problems with Java applets (they don't load)
    but the Java script works fine.

Something what might help is deleting all the files in the ...\opera\cache4 directory.

Isegrim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

I've been trying Opera 6.0 (beta) for the last few days (before that Opera 5.12 for ages) - its pretty good and has some nice new features (like the Netscape-style personal toolbar), however, also a few bugs (it is still beta after all) with a resource leak and problems printing with some printers. I love it, it is skinable & very flexible with lots of different security settings (and the option to disable pop-up menus!)

Advertisement