Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Cable announcement

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by «Bo§ton»
    Dustaz right, im not going to go into detail, but ntl have done **** all and will not do **** all untill january. i got onto someone high up (middle management) today and they confirmed this.

Heh, thats what i said last week and ye jumped all over me for it:)
    I totally agree with you when you say:
    so ntls going to start lookign at new ways to make moeny out of ireland. dont think this is all random, that these prices are releashed the same week, as sky digital sign up rte and itv
    I still think it all smacks of rebranding (albeit with different prices) for publicity purposes. (its working too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

sorry for the typing, im doing a million things at once atm

But if i was ntl id start to get worried to. alot of people pay yearly around january (i know i did)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

###########################

latest news:
    i rang them
    my area (templeogue) is cabled and raring to go (been a good uptake too)
    202 for install (btw i've got nic's installed already in 2pc's)

lead time is about a week - its only being installed 2 days a week
    i reckon ring tomorrow to order it

:-)

btw any one know where i can get a 40/50 foot cat5 cable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 12free.co.uk

what part of templeogue are you in ? I'm in Orwell Pk and was told its not cabled and no idea on time frame.

kennington
    ring the number on the site and ask them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

dabs.com would be the cheapest, you can get to lots of 20 meter for 30 stg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

Okay, does anybody know when cable will reach rathmines cause until then i don't give a flying **** and still have to deal with 3hrs to update cs and "Get off the ****ing Phoneline"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Originally posted by MiCr0
    ###########################

latest news:
    i rang them
    my area (templeogue) is cabled and raring to go (been a good uptake too)
    202 for install (btw i've got nic's installed already in 2pc's)

So if you've got a network card in it already there's no instalation charge?

That's what I got from the guy on the phone,
    but he wasn't too sure.

Let me know,
    I need to know before I get it.

- Kevin, helping the rest of ye by showing there's a demand for it. (:

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

For the record i called NTL today - not available in Blanchardstown (D15), and wont be for quite a while.....

I did however get eircom's ADSL trial - so I am a happy camper :}

Note: I do live at the edge of blanchardstown, and others in the village and castleknock havent been accepted on the trials..... (don't want to needlessly get anyone's hopes up ;)

--

i rang them today
    they rang me back 4 times in 3 hrs
    + promised to ring me tomorrow too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Originally posted by kamobe
    For the record i called NTL today - not available in Blanchardstown (D15), and wont be for quite a while.....

I did however get eircom's ADSL trial - so I am a happy camper :}

Note: I do live at the edge of blanchardstown, and others in the village and castleknock havent been accepted on the trials..... (don't want to needlessly get anyone's hopes up ;)

--

Which edge? They told me that there was "no bandwidth" in the blanch exchange, so are you on a different exchange?

And more importantly - can I switch to it :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

So I ring the 1800 number yesterday, and tell them I live in Old Bawn (give my exact address).. "no sir, sorry, your area isn't upgraded".. "ehhh yes it is!".. "nope, not what it says here".. "but.. but.. eh, they came around and dug up my entire estate".. "uh, bye".

Anyway I'm reading ILUG archives about a guy who was told the same thing by NTL on the 1800 number, but bumped into an NTL sales rep on the street in his area, who promptly signed him up for cable modem access a few months ago, and he told this rep guy about what 1800 man said, and the rep just said, "uh, yeah I know".. mysterious.

Anyway, we had a rep around the week before last trying to flog us digital tv, they must be on commission, cos he left his own mobile phone number with me, and told me to ring him back if we wanted to get it. I rang him last night and said I wanted a cable modem, was this possible.. and he said yeah no problem, old bawn right? Yeah no problem at all. "But, the guy on 1800 said it wasn't possible..".. "Listen, just give me a ring again during the week, and we'll arrange an evening that I can call out to you, and we'll sign you up, alrighty?"...

Not counting my chickens just yet, but why oh why would NTL not be offering this services to areas they have actually upgraded??

J.

install on the 14th december :-)

just had it installed
    working v.well
    70k/sec
    install is £189

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Nice. How are the pings? I'm getting an average of 60ms to http://www.jolt.co.uk for example. Using aDSL.

C:\>ping www.jolt.co.uk

Pinging clarity.jolt.co.uk [195.149.21.11] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=20ms TTL=244
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=244
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=20ms TTL=244
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=244

Ping statistics for 195.149.21.11:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 20ms, Maximum = 30ms, Average = 25ms

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

holy god :( !!!! Me so Jealous !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭greys

Any rumours about NTL going to move towards the city center, or anywhere else but the west part of Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

If there are, thats exactly what they are - Rumours.

Dont hold your breath.

Advertisement