Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ITV starts today

• 20-11-2001 9:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

So ITV will appear on the EPG today. Any news on when this will happen? Will it occur at the ITV mystical hour of 9:25am ?
    Any will ROI digiboxes get to see any else, other than an 08 caption?

As I'm not near a dixibox as usual, I trust this forum not to break down and keep us all informed :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Wakko

As of 8.45am, ITV hadn't appeared on the ROI EPG (wasn't likely to either) but was still available on the "other channels".

I rang Skys customer service and they took the line "well you know more about it than us!!........??????" line

Still I won't complain if the tests channels continue. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Other forums seem to be once more collapsing under the strain, so I guess this is the place for the latest info, particularly for the Irish perspective.

It's another working day, so those of us stuck in the nine-to-five are depending on those of you lucky enough to be at home to give us the latest news.

So ..... any news ?

Hi Charles-My digibox with a london based bbc card-still as of now 10.10 am has no ITV1-should be Carlton ITV London.
    Just the usual
    Press TV and then 3 for ITV
    So no launch yet :(
    Or maybe its :) for ROI boxes!

Wlii be near the digi box all day so will post here asap if anything happens
    mm

Hmmm....getting beyond digital spys home page and into the forums is proving difficult-it reminds me of the time I tried to get Monica Lewinski's testimony!

There is still nothing happening on the UK epg with my BBC Card, this lunchtime.
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

Taken from http://www.skydigital.mediabullet.co.uk/

20/11/01 ITV1 and BBC News Active set for launch
    After weeks, in ITV's case, years of waiting, both ITV1 and BBC News Active will launch later this morning at around 10am. Although ITV are still yet to sign a contract with BSkyB, it is understood that a deal has been "broadly" accepted for ITV to broadcast on Sky Digital. Carlton confirmed to us yesterday that it would be launching at 10am, and in the past few days, Meridian, Anglia and HTV West have all indicated to us that a launch would happen today. The waiting will soon be over. BBC, on the other hand launch a similar service to Sky News Active today. BBC News Interactive will offer video news on demand with news, sport and weather summaries continuously updated. That particular service will be available by pressing the red button on any BBC news programming. Sky Digi Online will be there to break the stories as soon as they happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

At 1pm, other forums (MHP chat and www.tvforum.co.uk ) have only reported that ITV 2 is watchable, on 3-5, showing Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, even though ITV 2's programmes dont start til 1:40pm, according to the EPG.

ITV1 hasn't made an appearence yet on the channel numbers....

Keep this frequency clear...... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bofh

Like everyone else browsing this board. I'm waiting to hear any news today on ITV on the ROI EPG. After it being so quite all day, I got to thinking that if they don't allow ITV in the ROI, then the increase amount of blackmarket BBC cards sold will be crazy.

I think most people in the ROI will be getting ITV one way or another!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

I totally agree.

There would be a huge increase in UK Free-to-Air cards being sent to Ireland by friends/cousins/greatgrandmothers and complete strangers.

The attraction is obvious - All the Beebs, ITV1 and 2, Channels 4 and 5, and the complete set of radio stations.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Yup and there probably won't be a clampdown on those cards???
    Its already very difficult to get one-ie you must give your name , address and your UK license number.
    Now if Sky wants -it would be very simple to cross reference and see how many cards to a house-At present they don't do that-but if theres a flood of Cards going to Ireland,we might all be switched off and have to go through a more rigourous process to get them switched back on :(

mm
    still nothing on 103 with the bbc card btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bdg

:confused: .

"20/11/01 ITV2 begins broadcasting ahead of launch
    ITV1 may not have launched today but ITV2 has today started broadcasting its programmes. The channel is marked '3-5' on frequency 10.906V 5/6 22.0. ITV2 is also displaying the correct programme information on the search and scan banner. The channel is expected to launch before the end of the year."
    Source: Lakhvinder Baddhan, James Robinson, Alan Walker, Andrew Glover, Fred Flange, Robert Knight

As with other the other add channels is it expected that this channel will remain on 24hrs a day or is only for certain test periods during the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I have ITV Anglia,border,border sco,granada etc under "other channels2 nothing on EPg as yet.

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

UTV is here as well, its the only region not showing crossroads :-)
    Still no epg though, i'll be happier when I see that

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 CYC

Forgive my ignorance but I am very new to Sky Digital.

First, I assume that EPG is the progams listing from which you can select what you want to watch ?

If ITV was officially released on Sky digital yesterday, is it standard procedure not to have the channel listed on the EPG straight away ?

The day UK Food channel came online, it was present on the EPG at the same time!

CYC

Quick answer to CYC:
    EPG= Electronic programme Guide and yes it is what you say it is.
    The fuss here is about ITV-which may or may not appear on the Irish EPG in the shape of UTV at the same time as each local ITV channel will appear on the UK EPG.

The difference at the moment between the Irish and UK EPG is that the Irish one starts at 106 with Sky one-But in the UK with a Digibox with a Card inserted registered to a UK address-The EPG starts at 101-BBC ONE,102-BBC2,103,ITV (though that ch. is not there yet),104 is ch4 and 105 is ch5.
    The reason they are there in that order in the Uk is UK residents are entitled to those channels free of a Sky subscription as part of their license fee.
    We here in the ROI on the other hand due to programme rights issues must pay for the channels under a Sky pack-although this will also be likely with ITV-It still remains to be seen whether that will be the case yet.
    Other channels appear on the Irish EPG at the same time as the UK EPG all the time-BUT BBC and ITV are treated differently,mainly because of the above.
    Also AFAIK 101-104 on the Irish EPG haven't appeared yet and are believed to be reserved for RTE one,N2,TV3 and TG4.
    mm

Also other BBC channels like-BBC news 24,BBC Choice, and BBC Knowledge are on the UK EPG as part of their license fee and not on the Irish EPG.
    Likewise RTE etc will appear on theIrish EPG(when agreement is reached with Sky) but not on the UK one-except probably in Northern Ireland if thats the agreement.
    You see Sky have the Technology to limit what you watch depending where you live-Great isn't it? :(:(:(
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 CYC

Thanks for those answers.

So as the channels (RTE1, 2, TV3 etc..) get added to the SKY ROI panel, are we likely to see the price go up everytime, will the subscription go up £5 or more every year !??!:(

When is UTV going to be added to the ROI EPG so ? is there a fixed date ?

When is UTV going to be added to the ROI EPG so ? is there a fixed date ?
    Yes its disappointing that UTV hasn't gone up on the Irish EPG yet.
    I can only conclude in this small country Somebody big is slowing up their arrival .As they have stated many times they want to be there.
    Isnt it great how other people decide what we should be watching??? I think not :mad:

mm

Advertisement