Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashing Pumpkins Greatest Hits

Options
  • 20-11-2001 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about the pumpkins greatest hits album? when its out if it's not already out. So far i believe that theirs 2 cd's one with 10 tracks and one with 16 one all new stuff and the others old stuff. but i dunno which has the 10 and which has the 16?? does anyone know what old songs are on it? tell me what you know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

the two cd's come together afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I know that but i want to know if theres 16new tracks or 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

The greatest hits album is called "Rotten Apples". It contains 18 tracks:
    1. Siva
    2. Rhinocerous
    3. Drown
    4. Cherub Rock
    5. Today
    6. Disarm
    7. Bullet with Butterly Wings
    8. 1979
    9. Zero
    10. Tonight, Tonight
    11. Eye
    12. Ava Adore
    13. Perfect
    14. The Everlasting Gaze
    15. Stand Inside Your Love
    16. Try, Try, Try
    17. Real Love
    18. Untitled

There is a limited edition of this available NOW with contains the "JUDAS O" B-sides and rarities CD. This contains 16 tracks:
    1. Lucky 13
    2. Aeroplane Flies High
    3. Because You Are
    4. Slow Dawn
    5. Believe
    6. My Mistake
    7. Marquis In Spades
    8. Here's To The Atom Bomb
    9. Sparrow
    10. Waiting
    11. Saturnine
    12. Rock On
    13. Set the Ray to Jerry
    14. Winterlong
    15. Soot and Stars
    16. Blissed and Gone

As i said, it is available NOW. The double CD with the bonus disc [Judas O] is a limited edition version, so act quick if you want it.

thanks fer theinfo pie. how long will this limited edition one be out for or is it a while stocks last thingy?

While Stock Last as far as I know.

A friend who works in HMV says they took their last delivery of the Special Edition CD's yesterday.

• Advertisement

thx i'll prolly get it this weekend i was looking for it last weekend but i couldn't se it anywhere although i wasn't looking very hard!

i just got it today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

is it anygood ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Jeebus Khrist on a bike! Mine! I wan't It!!!

It's just all their singles ain't it? The b-sides cd looks sweet. I'm definately gonna get it....today....in about an hour! :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The second disc looks well good - it's done like a CD-R with the name scribbled on it with a felt pen.

Listened to both discs this weekend and they're excellent (well, we know the first disc is already).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

th first disk is really cool, not beacause of the singles (everyone should own all the pumpkins' albums, you see:)), but cause of the four tracks not on any other album.

the b-sides disk is also pretty cool, but not quite as good as piscies(spelling??) iscariot.

they released a VHS/DVD last week too... looks great, i'm definately gonna get that.

Rejoice. A whole thread without someone slagging them off.

I got it last wednesday and its sooooo good! I really like the judas 0 cd design thingy. If you haven't got it yet then go get it NOW!

makes a change alright.
    if u have the
    arhtllr (airplane.....) a load of the unreleased tracks seem to be there.

v.nice all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Got it in Redlight records in Galway, Bottom of Eglinton street, beside Eddie Rockets. Good new store. Nice to see it.

There were a good few of them around, loads in fact. Bought one, have damn all money for the week now. But it's worth it.

I'm missing a few albums, but now of course they're going to go up £5 in price and I'll have damn all money (again)
    Have Siamese Dream, Melon Collie + Infinite Sadness (was that a double album release?), and Adore. have Machina and Piscis Iscariot on mp3, will buy the CD eventually.
    MachinaII was released too wasn't it? 25 vynil copies only??

Billy Corgan bought 6 or 7 and gave em to a few MP3 sites to rip and distribute :) Kinda 2 fingers to Virgin style :)

I've an idea it was you kharn who told me this. Nice story though :)

Mellon Collie + the Infinite Sadness (was that a double album release?)

Aye.
    MachinaII was released too wasn't it? 25 vynil copies only? Billy Corgan bought 6 or 7 and gave em to a few MP3 sites to rip and distribute :) Kinda 2 fingers to Virgin style :)

Aye, but you can get MachinaII on CD in Rythm Records up here in Dooblin.

great site for SP stuff was posted by me before
    some one do a search for it.
    machina II is there

You mean the NSPAA?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by [FCA]SyxPak
    I remember a drunken yarn of that nature alright ;)

I've been listening to it for the last couple of days - I really had lost touch with the Pumpkins and this has done wonders to revive my love!

I've a funny feeling that we haven't seen the last of them...

• Advertisement

Kharn i hope its not the last of them. I'll have to have a look in Rythm records its on the quays near forbidden planet right?

Ya it's on the next corner down from Forbidden Planet.

And, it's not quite the Pumpkins, but Billy and Jimmy have formed a new band called Zwan (don't ask me...) but it's only a live band, I don't think they plan to release any records as such.

Can get a few tracks on Audiogalaxy, Morpheus etc though.

I was in Rythm record this weekend and i was lookin for a Zero t shirt but all i could find was the greatest hits tshirt. its a pretty kewl place though. Did anyone see the documentary on Friday night boout the pumpkins it was really good!

Originally posted by Volvagia
    Did anyone see the documentary on Friday night boout the pumpkins it was really good!

!^!%"!!??

What?! Where? When? What was it about? Old or new?

Damn, how the hell did I miss that? ;\

At 12:15 am on Network 2 on Dave Fannings Music Zone there was a documentary all about the band. I don't know if it was new or not but it was really good. It just told you all about the band from 1988 to present and showed live prefomrances and interviewed them and thier managers and friends and stuff. It was called si=omething that had "Swan" in the name. You might have seen it before it started with billy aoutside wrigely field in chicago talk about th first place they played and where he met james and D'arcy etc.

Was it the same one that was on Channel4 a few weeks ago?

If it wasnt, then I havent seen it, D'oh :(

I'm not sure. I didn't see the one on CH4 but i'd say its the same one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

That documentary is on there page

www.smashingpumpkins.com

Gracefull Swans Of Never is what its called.

ahh i knew it was called something swans!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Penos

i've never heard of these smashing freaks nor do i care if u want there poxy cd go and look 4 it in a shop

Advertisement