Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

long road to recovery

• 10-06-2000 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

I feel like Frank Grimes.

First she deletes half my MP3s, then empties the recycle bin, then presses the wrong key and installs to a different drive anyway, while there was enough room on the drive with the MP3s anyway!

If she wasn't good looking.......

Neways, does anyone know how you can recover lost data from a HD? It's something about rebuilding the registery or something isn't it?

I can't just download em again cos the site has shutdown - which means I also have to find a new site for MP3s.

WOMEN!!!!! eek.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭riam

Theres a prog called 'revival' that can find deleted files on a hard drive and restore them. The demo version I have can only restore 3 files but you might get the full version somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭PJ Hunt

I have a nice little prog here...cant remember where I got it smile.gif

It lets you review a whole disk...floppy or HD and search for specific files and retrieve them.

Drop me a line if you wanna try it out..I've used it, it works fine.

‡PJ‡

[This message has been edited by PJ Hunt (edited 11-06-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

try the dos program undelete. just what it was made for.. mind you i don't know ow it will handle fat 32.. ?

may as well give it a go.. not sure if it will be on the win95/98 cd or wot.. but i'm sure if u have a looksie roud the internet u will find it.. just don't use the computer too much or the files might get overwritten with other crap.. ( by windows.. not u )

Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Thanks all but where can I get those programs?

Except undelete! I have bad memories of that from my Win3.11 days.*shudder*

Advertisement